Security Sales Consultant
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Security Sales Consultant
US - SSS - CSS
State / Country / Province
Are you interested in joining one of the world's largest,
fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come
to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500
company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly
expanding industry. There's never been a better time to join our
security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven
individual looking for a long-term position as a Security Sales
Consultant for our Security Business.
The Security Sales Consultant will sell electronic security systems
and services to customers by pursuit of prospects, developing,
growing and maintaining a sales portfolio in an assigned territory
primarily by self-generated leads. Execute sales strategy, identify
new opportunities/leads and generate sales portfolio to exceed
sales quotas and revenue growth.
- Identify and qualify customer needs, developing sales
strategies, negotiating contracts and closing profitable projects
with end users. Act as portfolio entrepreneur by developing
personal business plan, sales activities and action plans to attain
and exceed quotas and sales goals.
- Utilize sales methodologies, tools and innovation to identify,
develop and maintain an activity-based lead generation plan within
the assigned territory through the use of cold calling, referrals
and partnering with National Accounts sales team.
- Develop a personal business plan to exceed your quota.
- Sell to prospective new customers and maintain relationships
with current customers to continually assess their needs to create
additional sales opportunities and manage a plan for client
- Develop and maintain an active recommendation backlog that will
support exceeding quota on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
basis for recurring monthly revenue (RMR) and installation.
- Conduct job site visits/surveys, specify the type of system
recommended, provide an investment recommendation and layout to be
used for a basis for the contract.
- Provide detailed scope of work with all needed information for
- Prepare, deliver and execute sales presentations, investment
justifications, recommendations and offers to prospective customers
to convey products and services that meet their requirements that
result in new sales or retention of customers.
- Develop, maintain and utilize a strong working knowledge of all
offerings within our products/services solution line to increase
and develop sales portfolio.
- Collaborate with installation and service departments to
execute the successful delivery of new products and services.
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date information or
reports on sales activities, plans and forecasts in sales software,
ie Salesforce, other company provided tools and reporting
- Work in concert with sales leadership and other sales
associates to attain sales plans, identify future growth and
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years B2B sales experience such as territory development and
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience reading and understanding architectural, mechanical
and electrical documents
- Demonstrate personal and social awareness in varied and
challenging, competitive environment
- Demonstrate business acumen, entrepreneurship and
- Demonstrate commitment to proactively self-generate ("hunt")
for sales and exceed sales quotas on a weekly, monthly, quarterly
and annual basis for recurring monthly revenue and
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communications
- Demonstrate organization, self-motivation and analytical
- Demonstrate ability to develop and build relationships
- Demonstrate computer skills, utilizing Microsoft Office product
and social media
- Proven ability to proactively identify and prospect potential
customers and sales opportunities.
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervision, while
producing consistent results.
This position requires travel within a territory up to 80% of the
week. The job incumbent must be able to sit for extended periods of
time during travel as well working in an office/home environment.
The job incumbent will encounter a variety of different working
conditions and environments based on customer situations, work
sites, etc. Walking may occur on uneven surfaces.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, St. Louis , Security Sales Consultant, Sales , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!