Sales Rep - Hardscaping
Company: Perfect Placement Group, LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSales Representative (Hardscaping - Landscaping)
SalesLocation: St. Louis, MOSummary: The sales representative is
responsible to grow and develop the sales and margins of MSI's
hardscape product lines with the retailer/dealer network; located
within an assigned geographic territory. To perform this job
successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following
essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with current customers and potential
customers within specific territory
- Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company
products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to
present product and negotiate well with consumers
- Understand our products, our market competition and how to
position products to overcome these factors
- Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer
- Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers
on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
- Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts
for customer orders
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of
company's delivery schedules.
- Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales
potential with current customers and potential new customers
- Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures
and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote
- Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market
- Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with
deliveries, returns and credits
- Attend trade shows throughout the year as required
- Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or
- Two (2) plus years' experience in channel distribution
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural
stone, hardscaping, landscaping or hard flooring industries.
- Minimum 2 years of outside B2B sales experience.
- Hardscape wholesale distribution experience is strongly
- Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently
and within a team environment.
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well alone or within a team
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- Bilingual in Spanish a plusThis role has the following physical
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision.Benefits: Client offers a comprehensive benefits
package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.#ZRPowered by JazzHRWNw4YeK6Up
Keywords: Perfect Placement Group, LLC, St. Louis , Sales Rep - Hardscaping, Sales , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!