Certified Sterile Processing Technician
Company: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Role Purpose: ?Under general supervision and following established
policies and procedures, decontaminates, disinfects, cleans,
prepares and sterilizes reusable items, prepares packs and
instrument trays for OR and Central Distribution, monitors
expiration dates and ensures transport of supplies, instruments and
- Creates a positive patient care environment through thorough
cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and sterilization of
surgical instruments and accurate assembly of instrumentation
- Contributes to employee satisfaction by collaborating and
problem solving with members of the OR Staff and other departments
and collaborates with team members to accomplish department
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the nursing staff and
physicians by accurately assembling surgical instrumentation trays,
providing requested information and delivering instruments to the
OR as requested by OR staff.
- Creates an environment of safe, quality care by providing
clean, disinfected and sterilized instrumentation, monitoring
expiration dates of disposable supplies and by following proper
infection control measures and JCAHO and OSHA guidelines.
- Contributes to the financial well-being and stewardship of the
organization by treating instruments and equipment carefully and
according to manufacturers' recommendations.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 months to 1 year of experience
- Effective September 1, 2010 Certification (CRCST) is required
or must be obtained within 1 year of employment. Certified
employees hired prior to September 1, 2010 are required to maintain
an active CRCST status.Preferred Qualifications:
- Hospital Central Service Management
- Certification or certification eligible by the International
AssociationPhysical Requirements:?Employees in this position are,
or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.?
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily?
- Standing or walking more than 6?? hours a day
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 2?
hours a day?
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.?
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).?
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital ?
?????????????????????????????????????? SSM Health Cardinal Glennon
Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and
outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize
in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer
services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis,
Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the
overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the
children living in them. ?Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
?Benefits Statement:?Our robust employee benefits package includes
health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment
insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care
reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement,
adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement
plan options and more. ???Note: not all benefits apply to all
Keywords: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, St. Louis , Certified Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!