Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Operating EngineerSUMMARYThe Operating Engineer has a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Operating Engineer is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others.?ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
- Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, changing parts).
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.?EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of two years? experience in electrician trade or related field ? or, minimum of four years? experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field?CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Valid U.S. driver?s license with a clean driving record.? EPA refrigerant certification.?KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs ? especially energy! ? and satisfy customer requirements.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel?PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTSThis position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Walking large,?Highrise settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.JLL Privacy StatementWhen you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device?s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Keywords: JLL, St. Louis , Operating Engineer, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!