Senior Data Analyst - Firm Analytics
Company: Edward Jones HQ
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: December 10, 2018
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors. Senior Data AnalystFirm Analytics partners with business areas to provide analytical and financial insights for firm decision making and strategic planning.? Data & Analytics utilize advanced data manipulation techniques and tools in their expertise of sourcing and transforming of data that provide actionable insights.?Key Responsibilities:
- Identify, extract, clean, transform, validate and model data across multiple domains using various technologies and languages (SQL, Hive, Pig, etc)
- Utilize new and advanced methods to extract, transform and load data
- Build requirements for, develop and enhance automated processes that provide functional areas with data and information
- Analyze the effectiveness of programs, summarize and present data to enhance future efforts using appropriate statistical methods.
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvement to processes and controls related to area responsibilities while quantifying the impact of changes for leaders.
- Develop business relationships and partnerships with cross-functional targeted business owners and senior leaders across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide business objectives; occasionally lead cross-functional teams responsible for divisional objectives while following an analytics development lifecycle
- Educate other team members, associates and leaders across the firm on data and statistical concepts and best practices
- Communicate across a wide range of audiences with specialized subject matter expertise including compliance, marketing, products, branch development, and technology.
- Utilize a strong understanding of the Edward Jones Solutions-Based Approach to investing that includes client needs, client goals, and tailored solutions
- Train and mentor lower level analysts to follow appropriate procedures and understand the best practices for interacting with the information system Position Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in the areas of mathematics, finance, business, engineering or information systems. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5 years business experience in marketing, finance, data analytics, or information systems fields preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects and adjust to changing priorities with minimal leader required
- Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using various tools
- Moderate analysis skills, primarily investigating and explaining trends and variances using statistical techniques required
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment required
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates and leadership in cross-functional settings using verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Moderate understanding of the firm and how data impacts decision making in each functional area supported required
- Ability to execute pre-existing project plans and possesses basic project management skill.
- Strong analytical, critical, and systems thinking required
- Technical proficiency preferred in the following:
- An advanced ability to interact with various database and file storage systems (DB2, IDMS, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Data manipulation languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, XML
- Statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, or Jump
- Microsoft Excel - experience using pivot tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs
- Business Intelligence such as Hyperion, OBIEE, or IBI WebFOCUS, Sharepoint
- Visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, or birst Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are ineligible for this position
Keywords: Edward Jones HQ, St. Louis , Senior Data Analyst - Firm Analytics, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!