Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Engineer?s Job DescriptionSummaryThe Engineer?s primary responsibility is to perform the preventive maintenance and the efficient operation of all building systems and to inform the Chief Engineer of any condition affecting building services and Tenant or Client safety or comfort at the following locations to be assigned.Responsibilities
- Specific areas of responsibility include Tenant or Client services, preventive maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, and following the Firm?s guidelines regarding general maintenance practices.
- The Engineer is responsible for protecting and improving the value of the Owner or Client?s asset and ensuring that the building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.? Additionally, the Engineer is expected to have a knowledge of codes, laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility and be able to implement and assist in activities regarding the reduction of liability to the Client, Owner and Jones Lang LaSalle.
- The Engineer should be familiar with, and abide by, the Firm?s policies and procedures.? Specifically, the Chief Engineer is responsible for the following areas:
- Department Administration
- Assist the Chief Engineer in the organization and management of all administrative functions related to the engineering department.? This includes but is not limited to:
- Compliance with all applicable national and local codes and regulations
- Review of tenant build out plans and pre-occupancy inspections
- Assist with construction coordination including contractor management and review
- Tenant/Client Services
- Perform and/or direct the performance of all service requests.? Specific duties include:
- Communicating with the Tenant/Client Services Coordinator or NPSC as applicable to establish service request work priorities.
- Insuring that work performed in Tenant/Client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate clean-up
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of service request forms
- Review monthly service request summaries to pinpoint and correct reoccurring operational issues
- Preventive Maintenance
- Assist the Chief Engineer in the formulation and implementation of the preventive maintenance program.? Specific duties include:
- Assist with scheduling of preventive maintenance with minimum disruption of building services
- Performing preventive maintenance tasks.
- Coordinate the input and output of the Preventive Maintenance System
- Reviewing the status of preventive maintenance work with the Chief Engineer on a monthly basis or as required
- Assist with analyzing preventive maintenance log data in order to formulate more efficient operating procedures
- Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Insure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.? Specific duties include:
- Developing sources for stock materials such as water treatment chemicals, HVAC supplies, lighting, ceiling tiles, paint, electrical, and plumbing supplies
- Evaluating suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
- Preparing and submitting purchase order requests
- Verifying the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description
- Performing periodic safety and inventory checks of property tools
- Technical Proficiency
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of each building system.? Immediately recognize and communicate to the Chief Engineer system shortcomings when they occur.? Related tasks include:
- Monitoring the allocation of building system capability to various Tenant/Client needs
- You will have to travel from building to building to perform maintenance
- Company vehicle in which you will need a valid driver license and good driving record.
- Devising technical enhancements which will improve some aspect of building operation
- Identifying equipment, which may require replacement or reconditioning resulting in the need for owner?s capital.
- Must have basic computer skills working within Outlook operating environment, Word, Excel, Etc.
- You will receive a company phone to carry to respond to as required.
- Must be willing to work overtime and be on a call rotation.
- Have great written and oral communications skills.High School diploma or GED equivalent, with two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC. Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC?s (or within 90 days of employment). Strong skills and background in HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting.JLL Privacy StatementWhen you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device?s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Keywords: JLL, St. Louis , Operating Engineer, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!