Mid-Level Electrical Systems Design Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6B1BP3 Training Systems has an immediate need for an Electrical Systems Design Engineer to support the design and modifications of aircraft training systems in Saint Louis, MO. Examples of the aircraft platforms being supported are the P-8A, F-15, and AH-64. The Electrical Systems Design Engineer will be responsible for the development and documentation of electrical subsystems to be used on the aircraft training systems. These subsystems include, but not limited to, computational systems, I/O systems, video distribution, displays, aural cue and communication systems, control loading systems, motion seats and power distribution systems. This position will provide various opportunities for skill development and career growth. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This position requires an active, or ability to obtain, U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of electrical engineering experience
- 3+ years using a CAD tool to generate wiring and cabling schematics
- 1+ years of experience using Earned Value Management (EVM) to manage a project. Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
- 3+ years using a configuration management tool Typical Education/Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. This position requires that you work out of Saint Louis, MO and does not offer relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near this location, you must be willing to relocate at your own expense. Yes, 10 % of the Time Training and Professional Svcs Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Mid-Level Electrical Systems Design Engineer, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!