IT Help Desk Technician
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 15, 2018
IT Help Desk Technician (Contract to Hire) Location: Chesterfield, MO Summary The IT Help Desk Technician is an administrative, technical and service resource that provides critical support and IT customer service to users across the entire organization. This individual's strong customer service skills, technical aptitude and understanding of the IT needs of Experitec users will be leveraged to ensure our employees are able to perform their responsibilities efficiently, productively and effectively. The IT Help Desk Technician must develop a solid understanding of Experitec applications, systems and business requirements and be able to triage user support issues effectively leading to proactive resolution and/or escalation as necessary. Proactive communication, empathy, and a focused sense of urgency will be expected throughout the support request resolution process. In accordance with our Core Values, this individual must be consistently Driven, Positive and Collaborative in performing the duties and responsibilities of this role. Duties and Responsibilities Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first and second level local and remote support of desk side support of all users
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Experitec's applications, systems and IT related business requirements to ensure effective problem recognition, user support and resolution of Help Desk tickets
- Triage and troubleshoot equipment and software issues to timely and effective resolution or escalation to more senior support resources as necessary
- Provide service and/or training via telephone, video conference, email, remote desktop, and face-to-face that enables employees to resolve technology issues with the information system tools that they have been provided
- Assemble/install hardware and software on desktop, laptop and tablet computers/devices
- Assist in maintaining and upgrading various information systems devices, ensuring they run correctly, as directed
- Assist in performing various systems administration / support tasks as required ensuring effective user account management and security at all times
- Install, configure and perform basic administration tasks on information systems to include the following required skills/experience: Windows OS, Microsoft Office, other software/hardware platforms, and basic VoIP station set up
- PC and peripherals hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Client networking experience with DHCP, DNS, WINS, and TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of switching technology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills) Education: Associate degree. Experience: Minimum of two years of related experience. Certification: A+ Certification, Network + Certification preferred but not required Technical Expertise: Advanced PC Troubleshooting and Repair, Strong customer service skills, switching technologies Additional Required Knowledge: In depth experience with Microsoft products as well as other platforms Additional Preferred Knowledge: VOIP, Help Desk Systems, Smart phones Goals & Measurements of Success GOALS: Timely, effective resolution of assigned support requests / Help Desk tickets exhibiting a focused sense of urgency and high levels of customer service. MEASUREMENTS: User feedback, customer satisfaction surveys, resolution time, assigned ticket backlog, other Help Desk KPI's Competencies Job Specific Core Competencies: Action Oriented, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Focus, Dependability, Problem Solving and Troubleshooting, Ability to Learn, Patience Additional Beneficial or Growth Competencies: A sense of urgency that reflects a desire to solve issues and problems that is stronger than that of the user. *This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Keywords: Experitec, St. Louis , IT Help Desk Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!