Technician In Charge
Company: First Student
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 17, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman – Lead Diesel Mechanic
for our shop serving Riverview Gardens! First thingsFirst: Who are
we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is
the leading school transportation solutions provider in North
America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving
more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of
highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record,
First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
districts. Why join First as a Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel
- $31 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 5:00 am - 2:30 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic
Position As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First
Student, you'll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance,
diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service
records. Other job duties will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate work orders and track progress through
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed. Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed – We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other
management role is preferred.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason. Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, St. Louis , Technician In Charge, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!