Pediatric Diet Technician
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:Great
Opportunity!!! Sign on Bonus - $2500!!!**Sign on bonuses are for
external qualified candidates. - Internal candidates, please check
with your recruiter to see what options are available for
you.**Required: Registered Nutrition and Dietetic TechnicianHours:
8:00 am to 4:30 pmWorks every other weekend (onsite on Saturday,
on-call on Sundays)Job Summary:Under general supervision of a
registered licensed dietitian nutritionist, responsible for the
day-to-day menu management. Assists in identifying patients at
nutritional risk, coordinates and provides general nutrition
education to staff, and patients Follows established policies and
procedures, screens for nutrition risk and assists in patient care
planning by using the nutrition care process.Job Responsibilities
and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies patients at nutrition risk based on screening
criteria outlined in department clinical standard of care,
referring patients to dietitian as appropriate. Obtains information
from patients regarding medical history, food preferences and
special diet needs. .
- Collaborates with the dietitian to develop care plans and goals
based on findings in the nutrition assessment. Applies federal,
state and Joint Commission standards to delivery of patient
- Collaborates with the dietitian to Implement care plans and
monitors results, communicating the actions and resources required
to implement the care plan to appropriate individuals, and
modifying care plan based on patient response. Calculates and
analyzes the food consumption, changes in patient's weight, and
health and wellness indicators.
- Participates in discharge planning by assessing needs based on
discharge destination, communicating anticipated needs at care plan
meetings and assisting patient and family with nutrition care
- Contributes to maintaining costs within the budget by
completing records and documenting nutrition care activities
accurately and within designated time frames, utilizing tube
feeding and supplements cost effectively, providing patients with
appropriate payer forms and accurately inputting and reconciling
- Provides clear communication regarding patient diets and needs,
checking and/or writing menus as appropriate, updating diet orders,
coaching diet office staff in making work process decisions.
- Participates in department customer service activities through
meal rounds, test trays, supervision of menu selection and tray
delivery and resolving patient concerns.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate Degree in Nutrition or related fieldEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.Licenses / Certifications:Nutrition and
Dietetic Technician, Registered (NDTR) - Commission on Dietetic
Registration (CDR)Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of
America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:9093000010 Clinical
NutritionScheduled Weekly Hours:20SSM Health is an equal
opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Pediatric Diet Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!