Company: LM SERVICES CORPORATION GROUP
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Hilton - St. Louis at the Ballpark - St. Louis, MO
Ensure comfort and safety of guests and employees by performing
repairs and preventive maintenance to building and grounds.
Example of Duties
- Installs, maintains and repairs equipment according to
established standards including but not limited to plumbing,
electrical, and heating and cooling systems.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to carpentry, painting and
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crawl and
use ladders to 20 feet working heights.
- Position requires lifting of tools, equipment and materials
weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Skilled in the use of basic hand tools, electrical tools and
familiarity with parts and materials and supplies needed to perform
- Knowledge of HVAC system, hot water systems, kitchen and
laundry equipment, electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, drywall,
ceramic tile repairs, painting and wall covering repairs, swimming
pool and spa maintenance.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by management.
- Complies with established work order system.
- Maintains accountability for hotel and personal repair
items/tools and keeps them in good working order.
- Resolves maintenance related guest complaints immediately.
- Inspects physical plant and equipment regularly. Performs
preventative maintenance. Maintains records. Recommends repair
requirements to Chief Engineer.
- Coordinates with other department staff concerning maintenance
issues, which could impact availability of rooms or quality of
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be
required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the
supervisor (i.e. errands to pick up parts, cross-training).
- Participates in fire brigade/emergency response team.
- Supports other departments to ensure successful health,
sanitation and OSHA inspections. Qualifications: Any combination of
education and experience equivalent to graduation form high school
or other combination of education, training or experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to
perform the functions of the job. High school Diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and
- Ability to read English sufficient to ascertain
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English,
both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Basic knowledge of skilled trade activities in plumbing,
carpentry, electrical and mechanical work and painting.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel
- Skill in the use of a variety of skilled trade tools (including
both hand and electric tools).
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 75
Keywords: LM SERVICES CORPORATION GROUP, St. Louis , Maintenance Engineer, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...