RS Avionics/Electrical Technician Sr - $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: GulfStream Aerospace
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RS Avionics/Electrical Technician Sr - $10,000 Sign-on Bonus in
GAC St. Louis
Blueprint effecient. Previous install experience.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 6 years Six (6) years
experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years
of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years
related experience. A & P license, FCC license or NCATT
Provides leadership, technical expertise and guidance while
performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of
avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a
defect free aircraft. Provides superior technical expertise in
testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to
ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise
and leadership by defining and implementing process changes to
reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or
Quality. Demonstrates the knowledge and leadership skills required.
to fill in for the team leader thus ensuring that the company goals
of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to
daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in
avionics and acft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
Provides direct training to personnel to support company
cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality
oriented, skilled workforce.
- Teaches the installation and functionally testing of
electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering
specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations:
troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to
provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required. to effective
and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring
to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective
repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing,
soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Oversees the performance and compliance with engineering
changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts
functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and
- Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of
maintaining daily logs and other paperwork. Ensures that all work
performed on the acft is properly and completely documented .
- As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to
inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
- Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and
maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as
- Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S
program and all safety regulations.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Where required, teaches the installation and functionally
testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per
Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals
ensuring a defect free system. .
- Self inspection capability for all avionics testing functions
in applicable areas. .
- In support of acft certification and final phase testing, may
include flight tests on acft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of
other acft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as
hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls
or structural installations and repairs.
- APU run qualification and engine run qualification
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
Requisition Number: 198676
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 12/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this
position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream
Legal Information - Site Utilities - Contacts - Sitemap
Copyright - 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights
Reserved. A General Dynamics Company .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures,
markets, services and supports the world's most
technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Compliance, Inspector, Aerospace, Electrical,
Aviation, Legal, Quality, Engineering
Keywords: GulfStream Aerospace, St. Louis , RS Avionics/Electrical Technician Sr - $10,000 Sign-on Bonus, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!