CMT / Certified Medication Technician
Company: Beauvais Rehab and Healthcare Center
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Beauvais Rehab and Healthcare Center - Job Summary: To work
under the direction and supervision of the RN/LPN staff while
administering nonparenteral medications and providing resident care
in accordance with current Federal, State, local and facility
regulations, guidelines, and standards.
WATCH THE EMPLOYEE VIDEO!
Duties, include but are not limited to:
- Follow all facility and departmental policies, guidance, and
directives when performing tasks and using equipment and
- Assure that all infection control practices are maintained when
performing daily tasks.
- Prepare, administer and chart medications by all routes, except
those given parenterally, according to facility
- Observe, evaluate, and report to staff nurse any adverse
responses of residents to the medications given.
- Maintain and control storage of medications per facility
- Report any medication errors to supervisor,
- Transport assigned residents to and from appropriate dining
areas. Feed or assist any resident as needed. Offer and obtain
substitutes if resident does not like what is being served. Always
note poor appetites, complaints, requests, suggestions, and
refusals and report them to the appropriate nurse.
- Assist with passing out supplements and snacks.
- Complete assigned vital signs, in a timely manner, and report
them to the nurse. Report any abnormal vital signs
- Answer resident call lights. Call lights should not ring for
more than two (2) minutes. Provide care and assistance as
- Make frequent rounds and check on residents. Supervise nurses
aides, making sure they are assisting and caring for residents
appropriately. Assist CNA staff with direct resident care when
necessary. Follow-up to ensure correction of any problems
- Maintain safety for residents, employees and visitors per
facility protocol. Ensure proper usage of safety devices for
residents. Use good body mechanics and always use a gait belt for
transfers (unless contraindicated). Missing or damaged safety
devices should be reported immediately so they may be
- Resident incidents and accidents are to be reported to the
nurse immediately. Do not move the resident until a nurse can
assess for injury. Supervisory staff may request a written
statement regarding any observations of incident.
- Any personal injuries must be reported to the Director of
Nursing, or designee, no matter how minor they may be (NOTE: such
occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur).
- Any time resident abuse is suspected, it must be reported to
the Administrator, or designee, immediately.
- This includes:
- resident to resident
- staff to resident
- visitor to resident
Any abusive behavior exhibited by resident to staff or visitors
must be reported to nurse for appropriate follow-up.
- Attend all departmental meetings and/or inservices as required.
Will be held responsible for obtaining any information provided at
a meeting/inservice that is missed.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Keywords: Beauvais Rehab and Healthcare Center, St. Louis , CMT / Certified Medication Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!