Manager of Corporate Inventory
Company: Hager Companies
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryManage the Sales and Operations
Planning process and coordinate product specific meetings. Lead
inventory strategy for the company. Map and lead a plan for
optimizing inventory. Analyze current parameters and apply
appropriate techniques to drive optimal inventory. Job
- Generate the monthly shipment forecast by product line and
reconcile with the item forecasts to guide the operations team to
ensure appropriate inventory levels are produced and maintained to
meet anticipated sales demand.
- Incorporate modeling, situation analysis, problem diagnosis, &
operations analysis to support business decision making with
- Monitor inventory performance & direct appropriate corrections
to achieve targets.
- Select appropriate replenishment strategies (weeks of coverage,
review method, etc.).
- Maintain ABC classification and implement necessary
- Lead the S&OP process to review forecast and
production/purchasing plans to get agreement on supply strategy
from all departments involved.
- Set frequency and oversee old order review and clean up.
- Maintain safety stock (idem) for forecasted A items.
- Maintain reorder point (idem) for non-forecasted B items.
- Analyze the quality of the inventory and initiate the review
and disposition of non-moving or slow-moving inventory.
- Work with Production Planning, Supply Chain, and Customer
Service staff as needed to handle out of stock conditions and long
lead time situations.
- Other related duties as required.Position Qualification
RequirementsEducation: Bachelor's degree in business administration
or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience and
education. CSCP certification is required. Six Sigma/Lean Green or
Black Belt is preferred.Experience: Minimum five years' experience
in an inventory management role, preferably in a manufacturing
environment. Must have experience in establishing inventory
planning parameters.Skills/Knowledge: Must have excellent verbal,
written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to adapt
and implement change/best practices. Problem solving, negotiation,
analytical and process improvement abilities are critical.
Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Power BI. Knowledge of
technical industrial purchasing principles.Travel: Ability to
travel approximately 20% of the time, both domestic and
international.Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office
environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk,
hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds,
Keywords: Hager Companies, St. Louis , Manager of Corporate Inventory, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!