Associate Accounting Analyst, Global Financial Solutions
Company: Accounting Career Consultants
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Associate Accounting Analyst, Global Financial Solutions St.
Job Reference: JOB-24929
The Associate Accounting Analyst compiles, coordinates, reconciles
and analyzes periodic financial data and results based on a US GAAP
and Statutory basis and prepares financial reports for the business
unit, area, or function. Supports accurate, reliable and timely
financial and management reporting.
- Understand and perform administration of the assigned financial
reinsurance treaties, including auditing of client reporting,
monitoring and recording of cash, preparation of related month end
accruals, and other items.
- Verify cash receipts to premium advices, broker statements and
a&h pool quarterly statement involving multiple currencies.
- Prepare wire transfers along with appropriate reporting for
settlement with reinsurers and brokers.
- Maintain database of all London Markets and A&H Pool
reporting and reconcile bank statements.
- May review and/or verify journal entries, account balances, and
- Works with other functional and corporate areas in RGA to
achieve accuracy, efficiency, and effective accounting practices
and procedures and responds to requests from other functional areas
on various inquires.
- Assists with report development and/or updates; ensures
financial reporting related questions raised by business unit,
area, or function are addressed.
- Shares technical expertise with others; maintains appropriate
documentation of processes, recommends process improvements,
provides functional advice and/or training as needed.
- Maintains SOX documentation and provides as needed; may assist
with year-end audit confirmation requests and other internal audits
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related
- 1-3 years accounting or auditing experience.
Progress towards CPA Progress towards FLMI Insurance or reinsurance
financial reporting experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES Required:
- Basic Word and intermediate Excel skills Intermediate knowledge
of accounting/finance theory and application Ability to learn new
IT systems and processes.
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills
demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight
deadlines and stressful conditions, and track work while managing
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload.
Intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem solving
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate
in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental
- Intermediate interpersonal skills. Ability to translate
business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions. Ability
to foster customer service as needed.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of
operational and functional disciplines and work well with all
levels of management.
- General business knowledge
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing
whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for
Tel: 314-292-7908 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tagged as: Associate Accounting Analyst, Global Financial
Keywords: Accounting Career Consultants, St. Louis , Associate Accounting Analyst, Global Financial Solutions, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!