Sterile Processing Technician
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Shift: 3:00PM - 11:30PMRotating weekendsRotating on
callInspects, assembles and evaluates all surgical instruments and
instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of
set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.PRIMARY
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization
containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure
cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and
established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, squatting,
twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of hearing and speech to share information
through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Rare crawling, sitting and keyboard use/data entry.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!