Senior Data Analytics Analyst, Firm Analytics
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.US Remote
Firm Analytics partners with business areas to provide analytical
and financial insights for firm decision making and strategic
planning. We use advanced data manipulation techniques, data
visualization and statistical analysis to provide actionable
insights to the enterprise.
- Design and execute measures, KPIs and descriptive analytic
analysis by leveraging business acumen and analytic acumen.
- Design and develop technical and functional prototype to
uncover business questions, validate use cases and capture key
- Query, manipulate and validate data across multiple domains
using database technologies and querying languages (SQL, Snowflake
- Analyze the effectiveness of programs, perform calculations,
summarize, and present insights to enhance future efforts using
appropriate descriptive statistical methods.
- Conduct meaningful descriptive data analysis to inform business
decisions. Primarily by performing root cause, exploratory,
sensitivity and scenario analysis, hypothesis testing, economic
modeling, and data visualization to identify
patterns/trends/insights etc. on ambiguous business problems.
- Create data visualizations that simplify complex information in
a robust, accurate, and appealing visual story that engages end
users and drives them to action.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams responsible for
implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide
business objectives; occasionally lead cross-functional teams
responsible for divisional objectives while following an analytics
- Communicate across a wide range of audiences with specialized
subject matter expertise including finance, compliance, marketing,
products, branch development, and technology.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging data & analytics to drive business
- Proactively recommend improvement to processes and controls
related to area responsibilities while quantifying the impact of
changes for leaders.
- Maintain a good understanding of business objectives, key
business drivers/strategies/priorities, to inform an analytic
approach to address business questions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking - Required.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics - Required.
- Undergraduate degree - Required. Mathematics, Sciences,
Engineering, Finance, and Information systems preferred. Advanced
degree is a plus.
- Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using at
least one data manipulation language - Required. (SQL
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks as well as
adjust to changing priorities with minimal leader oversight -
- Strong analysis skills, primarily investigating and explaining
trends and variances using statistical techniques - Required.
- Works effectively in both an independent or team environment -
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates and
leadership in cross-functional settings using verbal, written and
presentation skills - Required.
- Technical proficiency in the following: SQL, Oracle Database,
- Data manipulation languages such as Snowflake, Hive, Pig, XML a
- Visualization tools such as Power BI, Qlikview, or Birst a
- Statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, Python, or Dataiku, a
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For - list.
- From FORTUNE -2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified--- organizations.
Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm
also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE.Edward Jones does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.At
Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about
our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary,
typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary
range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is
based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors
for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, St. Louis , Senior Data Analytics Analyst, Firm Analytics, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!