Apartment Leasing Consultant
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A Established Realty Company is looking for an experienced,
energetic, and outgoing Leasing Consultant to work at one of its
premiere apartment communities in St. Louis, MO. Candidate must
have a good work ethic, positive attitude, and ideally 2+ years of
leasing experience or experience in a similar industry. We offer a
competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including a
The Leasing Consultant's primary responsibilities are to answer
incoming telephone calls, show and lease apartments to prospective
residents, market the community to the local area to build
awareness, and assist current residents with any inquiries they
- Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- Must be fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations,
and amenities of the property.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and either work with the caller
to help with their needs or direct them to the best person to
- Show and lease apartment homes to prospective residents.
- Market the community in the local area to businesses, merchants,
schools, etc. to build awareness and increase traffic.
- Complete lease forms for new and current residents.
- Insure the model and vacant apartments are ready for showing.
- Maintain work areas and office in clean and orderly manner
- Help monitor curb appeal of the property and make appropriate
suggestions to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications, and all
- Responsible for "shopping" competitor properties.
- Continually monitor market conditions to know what is going on
with competitors or new events that would affect the market (i.e.
new apartment buildings being built in the area).
- Will maintain contact with all apartment locator services and
local businesses to provide informational material. Update
- Develop full knowledge of application information required,
screening processes and policies regarding rentals.
- Develop and maintain an on-going resident retention program under
direction of Property Manager.
- Assists with scheduling, organizing, and hosting tenant
- Plan an active role in the current resident renewal process.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Leasing and Property
Information Handbook and Advertising Log Book.
- Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative
forms, reports, and related information.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances
regarding the property or residents.
- Must be courteous and efficient in the handling of resident
requests and complaints.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Ability to seek educational opportunities and self-improvement
for personal growth and development.
- Responsible for assisting the Property Manager and Assistant
Manager with any other miscellaneous tasks conducted at the
- Gain full knowledge of the Assistant Manager's role to assist
when they are out or to accept a promotion when/if the opportunity
- - - - - - - - Ideal candidates would have 2+ years' experience as
a leasing consultant or hold a similar position in another
- - - - - - - - Experience with Yardi is a plus.
- - - - - - - - Must be a self-starter with good work ethic and
- - - - - - - - Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- - - - - - - - Ability to learn the Engaging Leasing Process.
- - - - - - - - Must possess the ability to write routine reports,
correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- - - - - - - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
pro-rates, discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- - - - - - - - Must have the ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
- - - - - - - - Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables in standardized situations.
- - - - - - - - Present self in a neat, clean and professional
manner at all times throughout the workday or whenever present at
- - - - - - - - Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if
- - - - - - - - Successfully pass a drug test and background
Keywords: CONFIDENTIAL, St. Louis , Apartment Leasing Consultant, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!