UXDesign Accessibility consultant
Company: Horizontal Talent
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- UXDesign Accessibility consultants ensure that prospects and
customers (internal and external) with disabilities experience the
same level of service and functionality as those without
- The Accessibility Consultant is a key stakeholder during the
design, prototyping and defect analysis processes, including
creating and validating accessibility user stories, evaluating
prototypes, reviewing designs and wireframes, as well as creating
materials to educate others about accessibility. In addition, this
candidate will partner with our business lines to ensure the user
experience (UX) we present to consumers is accessible and meets
bank standards.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Use Deque Systems' tools (DevTools, Auditor, Monitor,
University, etc.) and automated and manual accessibility testing
techniques (defect logging) to test Spanish-language artifacts.
(Spanish language skills are required.)
- Serve as a digital accessibility consultant for the design,
evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital
products for accessibility. Collaborate with experience architects,
developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers
to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly
- Review products using manual and automated techniques to ensure
we design accessible products.
- Collaborate with teams to determine road maps to reach desired
- Assist with research and coordination of response to consumer
- Actively participate in design and testing protocols.
- Collaboratively partner with UXDesign peers (visual designers,
content writers, user experience architects, researchers,
prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer
- Develop guidelines for architects, designers and developers to
aid in compliance with the current version of the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Engage in quality audits and assist with remediation roadmaps
- Partner with business analysts, developers, accessibility
consultants, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to
translate requirements into experience architectures
- Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peers to ensure they
accurately represent or improve upon the layout, design and
- Mentor others on the use of assistive technology from the
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of outreach
and training for designers, developers, content providers, product
owners, business line representation and internal employees.
- Remain abreast of trends and developments in the area of web,
application and software accessibility / inclusion.
- Formally observe user interviews and usability sessions
- Work concurrently on multiple tasks or projects in an agile
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to
maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully
comply with U.S. Bancorp's "Code of Ethics"
- Each employee is expected to maintain an awareness of the laws,
regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate
for his/her position.Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with JAWS, NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android
Talkback, Advanced user of these tools is preferred
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification a plus
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, St. Louis , UXDesign Accessibility consultant, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!