Maintenance Technician/ House/ Full Time
Company: Gateway Region YMCA
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY:This position supports the work of the Y, a
leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to
strengthening community through youth development, healthy living
and social responsibility. Under the direct supervision of the
Property Manager and/or the Maintenance Supervisor, this role is
responsible for carrying out all assigned daily work orders toward
the general carpentry maintenance and repairs of all facilities and
property of the Gateway Region YMCA. This position will also be
responsible for completion of assigned building projects and other
duties as needed.OUR CULTURE:Our mission and core values are
brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our
cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality
every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place
where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and
embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and
your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We
are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to
make our community stronger beginning with you. The Gateway Region
YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child
- Responsible for completion of work orders
- Responsible for association carpentry, electrical, plumbing
repairs, servicing, inspections
- Performs any other manual labor tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for association painting, and floor refinishing.
- All other duties as assigned.LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Communication and influence
- Functional expertiseQUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma desired
- Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry skills desired.
- Must be familiar with and/or be able to learn how to make
repairs to facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Must have valid driver's license.WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often
required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with
hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders,
walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds,
have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk,
hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require
travel to various locations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed
to weather conditions prevalent at the time.The YMCA Welcomes a
Diverse WorkforceEqual Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VMaintenance
TechnicianFull TimePositions available at the following locations:
Edward Jones YMCA, O'Fallon Park YMCA & South City YMCA.$1,000
- After 90 days of employment within good standing
Keywords: Gateway Region YMCA, St. Louis , Maintenance Technician/ House/ Full Time, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!