Technician I - Construction - Intern
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 5, 2021
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance,
Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a
Technician I - Construction to join our Building and Construction
team in St. Louis, MO.
*This is a temporary, internship role.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with
more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and
construction team provides the architectural, engineering and
construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities
both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and
certification services to building sciences solutions, the company
delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of testing, project specific observations
and site assessment duties under direct supervision and/or from
detailed controlled procedures.
- Operates testing equipment and conducts testing, (example:
Soil, concrete or other) and provides assessment of data through
- Works utilizing drawings, specifications and diagrams
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform
- Make detailed observations and gives limited interpretation of
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test
- Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies
to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may
be affected by your actions at work
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- H.S. Education or Equivalent, preferred
- No Experience Required - Will Train
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal &
- Must be able to read and understand work plans
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Must have a Valid Driver's License
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds
frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral
communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and
- Ability to climb occasionally
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within
the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment,
all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Keywords: Intertek, St. Louis , Technician I - Construction - Intern, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!