Warehouse Associate II
Company: Core & Main
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for specialized warehouse tasks in
receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order
processing.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system.
Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise.
Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag,
stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area.
May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine
and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or
picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work
typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker
or supervisor.Work Environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements
including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator,
bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicableEducation
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Computer experience.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand written material and basic math
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with
others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when
needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members
are committed to a common goal.About Core & MainBased in St. Louis,
Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain
and fire protection products in the United States. Operating
approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local
expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and
municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging
infrastructure. Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed
to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help
communities thrive. Visit to learn more.
Keywords: Core & Main, St. Louis , Warehouse Associate II, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!