DAL-TILE INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the
United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a
subsidiary of Mohawk Industries. Our close-knit team of dedicated
professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for
their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work
environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits
that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every
employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds
outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a
career with Dal-Tile. A Dal-Tile Installation Technician is
responsible for leading the charge of educating the installation
trade on the attributes and technical installation aspects of
RevoTile and other products as assigned, to enhance installer
familiarity with the product and ultimately assist in driving
RevoTile sales through quality installations. This will be achieved
through a consistent cadence of hands-on installation training
sessions, in the field at customer locations, job sites, SSC
locations or other off-site facilities. In addition to RevoTile,
the Installation Technician will serve as our in-house expert on
technical aspects of floorcovering installations and associated
products, such as, Schluter, Mapei, Custom, etc. and well versed in
the various applications installers encounter in the field.
- Professionally represent DalTile and actively promote our
products to support driving sales.
- Responsible for establishing training class curriculum to
ensure high level of proficiency by attendees.
- Create both class-room and hands-on portions of installation
training, including an assessment for knowledge assimilation.
- Establish the core set of materials essential for training
sessions, including comprehensive tool kit, portable mockup station
for hands-on installation training, flooring materials of
RapidPrep, RevoTile and RapidGrout and prep van with these
- Establish training schedules by market in assigned geography.
Coordinate with Regional leaders for specific markets training
schedule, locations, local support needed, etc.
- Schedule training sessions out quarterly with some flexibility
built into the schedule for job site visits, one-off training or
technical events, etc.
- Maintain list of "Qualified" installers by market as trainings
are completed for local team to use for referrals.
- Serve as in-house technical expert on RevoTile related to
product specifications and installation techniques.
- Provide support for all installation technical issues to
provide customers with high level of technical knowledge to ensure
products are installed properly. If necessary, will take lead on
job site visits for installation issues or challenges to assist the
customer through the job.
- Provide a monthly report of activities to Regional Leaders and
Corporate Sales Leaders.
- Maintain superior level of technical knowledge of our products
and installation methods.
- Other duties as assigned related to installation technical
topics. Talents & Competencies:
- Superior knowledge of floorcovering installation techniques and
product knowledge readily demonstrated in actual hands-on
- Strong relating capabilities along with excellent written and
oral communication skills.
- Effective leadership, coordination and collaboration
capabilities. Excellent time management and organizational
capabilities. Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years of successful floorcovering installation
experience, working residential and/or commercial
- Preferable the experience is across tile, vinyl, laminate,
- Industry Installation Certifications are beneficial.
- Good Presentation skills and strong written and verbal
- 70% travel; good driving record is needed While performing the
duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand,
use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The installer is required
to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The installer may be
required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability
to adjust focus. We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive
benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of
creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k,
Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement. Dal-Tile is
a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families
- Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning
service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., St. Louis , DAL-TILE INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!