Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Haskell is hiring a Senior Architect for our growing teams in
Oklahoma City & St. Louis.
With customer service a top priority, the Haskell culture is
responsive, entrepreneurial and collaborative. Excellence and
delivering successful results are only possible with talented
professionals and we seek the best to join our team. Our Senior
Architects have a broad range of experience and diverse client
base. They will be exposed to varying project types and end markets
including manufacturing, industrial, food and beverage,
beer/wine/spirits, military, and commercial. Also responsible for
the production of innovative, appropriate, cost effective, designs,
drawings and specifications in his/her discipline for assigned
projects. Maintains professional registration and signs/seals
documents prepared under his/her supervision. Responsible, as a
senior licensed professional, to assist the Group Discipline
Leader, Group A/E Principal and A/E Discipline Leader in training
and mentoring of staff, development of group and corporate
standards, and in the research and incorporation of innovative
technologies. In addition to project design and execution
responsibilities, position will take a leadership role in
participating in regional industry events, developing relationships
with clients, and seeking out project development opportunities.
Job Responsibilities: Conceptual Design:
- Utilizes innovation in design and methods.
- Develops design concepts, recommends systems and produces
pricing and proposal documents and outline specifications.
- Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance
with proposal/client criteria.
- Establishes Discipline basis of design. Detailed Design:
- Analysis Ability
- Researches, documents and is responsible for discipline design
compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards and
- Applies discipline specific technical standards and
- Designing for Safety incorporated into drawings. Detailing
- Ensures office standards are used.
- Responsible for discipline document checking and
interdisciplinary coordination processes. Checks the specifications
to insure that they do not conflict with the drawings.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside
consultants as applicable. Performs interdisciplinary coordination
check to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings
- Leads the production of well-organized, finished drawings of
good appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness. Construction
- Manages production of a complete coordinated set of discipline
- Signs and seals design documents when assigned as Professional
of Record. Construction Support:
- Coordinates the review and checking of discipline shop drawings
and submittal data.
- Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for
compliance with construction documents.
- Serves as discipline field interface with design team during
- Advises and assists Construction Project Managers,
Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and
clarification of construction documents.
- Participates in construction inspection to monitor compliance
with design intent, construction drawings and specifications.
Prepares inspection reports and punch lists.
- Provides solutions to field problems, responds to RFI's and
prepares field orders and addenda.
- Leads production and archiving of record drawings and
- Assists Design Manager with project closeout. Participates in
post construction review process. Planning, Scheduling and
- Projects and monitors discipline work plan and advises Design
Manager of work plan status.
- Projects, monitors and informs design manager of workload
status of project discipline staff.
- Participates in project strategy meetings.
- Participates in creation of overall key date schedule,
including permitting schedule.
- Creates discipline work plan for assigned projects.
- Prepares man-hour estimate for discipline work.
- Assists Design Manager in monitoring costs of
discipline-related outside consultants.
- Participates in team review to assure discipline scope is
covered in project budgets, estimates and subcontractor bids.
- Projects and monitors discipline project budget and advises
Design Manager of budget status. Project Management:
- Directs technical efforts of discipline staff assigned to the
- Monitors discipline adherence to strategy, key date schedule
- Communicates discipline design decisions to A/E project team as
directed by the Design Manager.
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring
discipline-related outside consultants.
- Prepares Meeting minutes and other communications in
coordination with design manager.
- Interfaces with client as directed by Design Manager.
- Leads production of a complete coordinated set of construction
- Mentoring of assigned staff. Education/Experience:
- Typically Eight years discipline experience, typically four
years as a licensed professional.
- Project experience on a variety of projects from simple to
complex and small to large. Specific Knowledge, Skills, License,
- Licensed/Registered Architect Here at Haskell,--we are in the
business of building meaningful relationships, both with our
clients and employees. If you're searching for a fast-paced,
dynamic position filled with opportunities to work with industry
leaders around the globe, come build your career at Haskell.
Specializing in consumer products, aerospace, government and
healthcare, Haskell is an industry leader in Engineering
Procurement and Construction (EPC). With 23 offices in three
countries, we are constantly expanding our capabilities in
engineering, architecture and construction. Haskell--will make
reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed
periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business
necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to
modification. Haskell--is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace. #LI-AS2 Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Haskell, St. Louis , Senior Architect, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!