Lead Operations Technician
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 22, 2020
The Lead Operations Technician works independently identifying
areas for improvement within the existing environment, developing
and implementing recommendations for improvement. Responsible for
mentoring other technical staff, consistently authors knowledge
base articles and provides proactive solutions and serves as a
backup for the local operations manager. Serve as an escalation
point for all issues requiring engineering assistance.
Responsibilities include maintaining at least one internal system
and all relevant support documentation. Consistently demonstrate
proficiency in resolving moderate to complex support problems.
This position is requires working independently after seeking
management approval. Duties include planning, coordination, and
completion of maintenance activities by creating project plans and
following change management procedures. On-call support is a
requirement of this position.
* Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
* Local site technical leadership Hardware
* System Administration
* Enterprise application support
* Will lead complex installation activities.
* Be a local customer interface/advocate.
* Provide Sales Engineering support for the organization.
* Work directly with centralized support groups to resolve
* Provide backup for local Operations Manager.
* Create and maintain working relationship with local
* Provide on-call support for after-hours emergencies and critical
* Continue to expand on existing knowledge and expertise with at
least one application platform (CRM, network & systems monitoring,
web server software, database, application server software,
* Will configure and install Dell, HP, and other Wintel servers and
* Will monitor and manage infrastructures.
* Share knowledge of storage subsystems, RAID levels, differences
and benefits of various storage sub-systems RAID Arrays, NAS, and
SAN with other support staff.
* Provide support for Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area
* Understand Domain Name Service (DNS) and Access Control Lists
* Expand knowledge of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols,
firewalls, and load balancing desired.
* Perform backup and recovery tasks.
* Understanding of quality assurance processes.
* Lead and operate within the context of an established strategic
direction and vision.
* Enforce and adhere to all facility standards.
* Ability to inspect and troubleshoot issues in and around
electrical, mechanical and life safety equipment.
* Ability to react to alarms and escalate any and all issues.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Customer service focused and portrays energy, professionalism and
* Strong ability to work in a highly sensitive and confidential
* Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured
* Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical
plans for various department initiatives
* Ability to use good judgment and decision-making skills
* Ability to use a PC, keyboard, and other standard office
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and Operating Systems.
* Must be able to work around high voltage or mechanical equipment
to take readings.
* Able to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities, and remain
professional at all times.
* Must have the ability to distinguish low impact from high impact
problems with little direction.
* Able to understand complex solutions and relay effectively to
* Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Working knowledge and expertise with at least one application
platform (CRM, network & systems monitoring, web server software,
database, application server software, etc.)
* Working knowledge in configuring and installing Dell, HP, and
other Wintel servers and blade centers.
* Working knowledge of monitoring and management
* Must demonstrate personal motivation and enthusiasm.
* Values continuous learning and self-improvement and supports the
development of other Operations Technicians.
* Must possess problem solving for complex problem resolution with
the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively
with little impact to the flow of operations.
* A detailed base of technical knowledge regarding mainframe and PC
hardware, operating systems, networks and communications
* Ability to make decisions with strong processing skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; must communicate
effectively and in a professional manner.
* Previous experience with ticketing systems.
* Previous cabling experience (copper/fiber preferred.)
* Experience with quality assurance process and procedures.
* Previous leadership or mentoring experience.
* Previous customer interaction experience.
* Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job
* Prior 2-4 years experience particularly in the data center
* Office environment
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Tierpoint, St. Louis , Lead Operations Technician, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!