Sr. Chemistry Analyst
Company: Alcami Corporation
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Sr. Analytical Chemist is accountable for driving results in a
fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and
non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients
development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. This position may also
be required to work on method development/method validation
projects. Typical types of testing include: assays (potencies,
related substances, residual solvents, metals etc.), moisture
content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based
measurements. HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly
employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied
include: titrations, UV, DSC, TGA, IR. Test methods employed may be
compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or
developed by CML). The Sr. Analytical Chemist must have the ability
to efficiently organize the routine work with minimum supervision
and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data is required.
The Sr. Analytical Chemist will occasionally be called upon to
support and mentor other Analytical Chemists within the lab. The
position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Provides analysis, supports and troubleshooting with wet
chemistry techniques, UV, FTIR, TOC, Osmolality, AA, HPLC, and GC.
Perform analysis on raw materials and finished products.
* Performs routine sample processing for required analytical
* Performs maintenance of some analytical instruments.
* Develops new methods as required to support programs.
* Performs critical interpretation of analytical data.
* Maintains working knowledge of routine instrumentation,
equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform
* Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to
standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions.
* Maintains basic understanding of underlying scientific
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Complies with applicable GMPs, peer checks information and signs
for GMP review. Brings aberrant information to the attention of
* Participates in company sponsored training and maintains current
status of certifcations.
* Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with Company personnel
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of
* Enters project hours promptly and updates project status on
appropriate tracking and/or timekeeping systems.
* Suggests improvements for safety, work quality, and
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in chemistry or related field with 5-7 years of
experience in an analytical laboratory; OR
* Master s degree in Chemistry or related field with 3-5 years of
experience in an analytical laborartory.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Knowledge of cGMP requirements preferred.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
* Experience with Empower 3 preferred.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
* Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rate,
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where limited standardization
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Proficient in knowledge of computers and PC s (Microsoft
* Up to 5% travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, St. Louis , Sr. Chemistry Analyst, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!