Project Manager - Construction, Consumer/Packaged Goods Industry
Company: The Haskell Company
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 18, 2020
Haskell is looking for a Project Manager, team member within the
Consumer/Packaged Goods division.
This resource will deal with managing design/build, construction
management or construct only projects from project assignment
through completion. Accountable for all construction activities on
* Project Manager I: Manages design/build, construction management
or construct only projects from project assignment through
completion. Accountable for all construction activities on assigned
* Project Manager II: Responsible for handling larger more complex
project; is the single point of contact to communicate directly
* Assists project directors in responding to RFP's including the
preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules and other proposal
documents. Participates in client presentation if required.
* Monitors the progress of design documents. Participates in design
review meetings and provides input regarding constructability, as
well as scope and cost changes.
* Prepares detailed estimates, cost code input, and cost control
* Responsible for preparing bid packages and invitation to bid
inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids, qualifying subcontractors,
and awarding subcontracts and major purchase orders.
* Works with director of construction and construction core
personnel to establish job organization including superintendent
and PCE requirements.
* Plans, sequences, and schedules the project with input from the
superintendent and subcontractors. Manages the project schedule,
conducts job site meetings and prepares updated schedules.
* Responsible for project cost control including updating of labor
cost reports, summary cost reports and project status
* Coordinates requirements of governing authorities for permits,
inspections and final approval of the project with A/E.
* Maintains submittal control, including scheduling, receiving,
reviewing, approving and expediting submittals from suppliers and
subcontractors to comply with progress schedule.
* Manages client relations, including progress meetings,
correspondence, periodic reports, change orders and response to
* Prepares requisitions for payment and other required project
invoicing. Maximizes project cash flow through invoicing and
* Prepares and secures owner acceptance of contract change orders.
Issues modifications to subcontracts and purchase orders after
owner acceptance and updates budget in summary cost report.
* Manages payments to subcontractors and vendors, including
reviewing and approving schedules of value, pay requisitions,
invoices and required insurance coverage.
* Manages subcontractor and supplier performance issues including
documentation, default notices and replacement, if necessary.
* Reviews and monitors project progress, quality and safety. Works
with superintendent and makes corrections as required to comply
with contract and company policy and procedures.
* Assists in the development of construction personnel through
mentoring and on-the-job training.
* Effectively manages project close-out tasks and any warranty
* Project Manager I: Bachelor's degree in engineering or
construction management or equivalent plus three years minimum in
* Project Manager II: Bachelor's degree in engineering or
construction management or equivalent plus 5 years minimum in
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
* Expertise in managing resources, including budgets, schedules and
materials in an environment of multiple, competing demands
* Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, engineering,
equipment and technology
* Excellent understanding of safety procedures.
* Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication,
collaboration and analytical skills
* Ability to travel per project requirements
* Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Haskell Company, St. Louis , Project Manager - Construction, Consumer/Packaged Goods Industry, Professions , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!