Buyer II - St. Louis, MO
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 11, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
A Buyer II will conduct and manage the processes for obtaining
goods and services for the company. To serve as agent for the
company in managing supplier relationships and activities. To
facilitate the process of sending parts to outside Customers,
Suppliers and Vendors and to coordinate the return of parts from
outside process houses back to source of need. Coordinate activity
between internal departments and outside suppliers to insure parts
are ready for transport and documentation to the supplier is clear
and accurate. Communicate GKN requirements to ensure that items
being sent out are set up and planned accordingly in the MRP
system. Coordinate with the supplier and traffic office the return
of completed parts with required documents, i.e., process
* Act as an authorized agent of the company with responsibility for
managing all supplier-related activities and authority to commit
company resources through contracts and agreements.
* Manage supplier performance and ensures satisfactory contract
completion and closure.
* Develop and integrate requirements, develops requests for
quotations and proposals, analyzes supplier responses, negotiates
and awards contracts, and manages post-award supplier
* Interface with internal and external customers and suppliers.
* Develop and guide others in the development of procurement plans
related to cost, schedule, quality, delivery, terms and
* Effectively utilize supply chain management tools.
* Serve on multifunctional teams to define quality, delivery and
* Develop and maintains long-term relationships with vendors and
contractors to ensure a high quality, reliable source of supplies
* Ensure that planning decisions from external customers and
suppliers are incorporated to reduce material and product
* Develop and implement strategies to leverage the optimum prices
and delivery schedules. Ensure the appropriate negotiation of lead
times and price in keeping with these strategies.
* Perform all duties in compliance with Company Policies and
Procedures and applicable FAR and DFAR provisions.
* Act as a mentor and trainer for Buyer I personnel as
* Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for
* Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in supply chain or related discipline or 5
years of procurement and/or material control experience in a
manufacturing environment in lieu of a degree.
* 3 or more years of experience in procurement and/or material
control in a manufacturing environment.
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance
and site SSA requirements.
* Recognized materials management certification such as (American
Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS).
* Working knowledge of DFAR and FAR is highly desired.
* Working knowledge of purchasing systems and procedures.
* Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, etc.
* Strong personal computer skills and strong grounding in ERP
systems and software.
* Strong grounding in ERP systems and software
* Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, St. Louis , Buyer II - St. Louis, MO, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!