CSN - ED - Days
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Fulfill your calling at SSM Health. At SSM Health we know that
being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM
Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our
founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope
and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred
ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a special gift to
our Mission, what will yours be? Employees tell us that the
environment at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital feels more like a
family. Employees are warm and friendly, they enjoy each other's
company, they care for one another and they share a passion for
delivering exceptional patient care! Join our exceptional team!
Role Purpose: The Clinical Nurse Support drives progress toward
best care and best results through coaching and mentoring of staff
and advocating for best practices. Responsibilities: collaboration
of the entire care team.
- Contributes to the exceptional patient experience through
facilitating smooth transitions through the patient care process,
- Assures the active involvement of patients and their families
throughout the process.
- Drives physician partnership by encouraging collaboration and
relationship building between physicians and clinical care staff.
Promotes exceptional employee commitment by mentoring, coaching and
staff development; making assignments with the developmental needs
of staff in mind.
- Facilitates the respectful and responsible utilization of
resources, while safely optimizing efficiency and
- Advocates for best care/best results in all team interactions,
making assignments, providing coaching/mentoring, encouraging team
communication and problem solving where necessary.
- Contributes to the overall employee experience by encouraging,
promoting and facilitating communication, projects, celebration and
recognition both within and between groups.
- Exhibits the following behaviors: proactively identify and
resolve issues that arise in the department; display a positive and
supportive attitude towards SSM and our organizational goals; model
professional conduct related to a leadership role (eg. attendance;
recognizing professional boundaries). Minimum Qualifications:
- State of MO RN License
- 1-3 years of experience Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree Physical Requirements:
- Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess
the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis, St. Louis , CSN - ED - Days, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!