Company: Dierbergs Markets
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: March 18, 2019
The Produce/Salad Bar Clerk keeps the produce and salad bar department fully stocked and works as part of a team to provide quality products while ensuring that each customer receives Extra Step customer service.
Must be at least 16 years of age
Must be able to:
- Provide friendly Extra Step service to our customers
- Read basic information (ex: company policies, procedures, and announcements, information from food specifications books, follow recipes, charts, invoices, and temperature gauges
- Use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Understand use of weights and measures
- Use basic computer skills
- Multi-task and work as part of a team
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Extra Step customer service to every customer
- Promote products and utilize suggestive selling techniques to satisfy the customers needs
- Safely and efficiently operate and maintain equipment such as code gun, wrapper, scale, pineapple corer, knives,
- microwave oven, lettuce chopper, pallet jack, and baler (must be at least 18 to operate pallet jack and baler)
- Stock, inspect, and rotate produce to maintain freshness
- Order, display, arrange, care for, sell, and inventory items sold in the salad bar and hot food section
- Price packaged products by using label machine
- Recondition items returned from the sales floor
- Maintains sanitary conditions of salad bar and backroom area, place ice and cylinders on salad bar
- Use pallet jack to unload products from trailers
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble produce cases
- Wash utensils, pots, and pans using detergent in a deep sink
- Display merchandise to attract customers and promote sales
- Take orders from customers for special products using the Dierbergs Party Guide (ex: gift baskets)
- Work actions include standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and squatting
- Work in 45 to 55 degree preparation area
- Access 36 degree cooler
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Push and pull stock carts with loads weighing up to 500 lbs. in produce.
- Empty trash cans weighing up to 100 lbs. in produce.
- Follow safe food handling guidelines whenever preparing food, according to S.A.F.E. program standards
- Keep work area sanitary by using company approved cleaners and equipment
- You may be cross-trained in other departments
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to perform.
Keywords: Dierbergs Markets, St. Louis , Produce Associate, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!