Physician - Interventional Radiology - Full Time Academic - SLUCare Physician Group
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Drummond Hall
JOB SUMMARY: Provides clinical, educational, academic, and
administrative service activities for the Department of
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: The individual occupying this
position reports directly to the Chair and works cooperatively with
other faculty, department staff and other radiology
* Work in the heart of a bustling and diverse Midwest metro area at
a new $550m academic medical center.
* Join a department of 32 academic radiologists, recognized for its
focus on lifelong learning and friendly collaboration.
* Work with and teach 37 radiology residents - this program is
renowned for fostering clinical excellence and hands-on
* Work with state-of-the-art Siemens CT (7 total, including
dual-energy) and MRI systems (1.5T and 3T).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL ACTIVITES
Responsible for clinical interventional radiology services,
accessible and available to referring physicians, technologists &
clerical staff. Maintains good working relationships with peers, as
well as with technical and clerical staff. Provides quality
services as demonstrated by accuracy of diagnoses and compliance
with ACR Documentation Standard. Works cooperatively with other
members of interventional radiology section to ensure a high
standard of patient care services.
* 1.0 FTE
* Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
* Rotating Night and Weekend call
* Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, plus additional
* Strong benefit package
* 40 days of PTO per year
2. EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Provides teaching services for residents and medical students.
Assists with the development of curriculum, teaching methods, and
evaluation documents. Maintains good working relationships with
learners, provides them with direct feedback, as indicated, and
completes and submits evaluations in a timely fashion. Presents
lectures and case reviews to residents and medical students.
3. ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
Develops written materials such as articles, book chapters,
reviews, editorials and/or provides service to a professional
journal. Participates in individual and cooperative research and
academic projects with faculty and serves as a mentor for learners.
This may include unfunded research as well as development and
submission of grant applications or assisting with research efforts
of other radiology faculty or other departments.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE / SERVICE ACTIVITIES
Participates constructively at departmental meetings, helping to
identify and solve problems. Serves on Departmental, Hospital, and
University Committees, as requested. Assists with the process of
recruiting faculty. Makes phone calls, writes letters, and/or meets
with prospective candidates to promote department and provide
information. After hire, assists with orientation for new faculty,
as requested. Participates in local, regional and/or national
organizations and meetings related to specialty area.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical
decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking
engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
4857980235 Prfee RD- Vascular and Interventional Radi
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Physician - Interventional Radiology - Full Time Academic - SLUCare Physician Group, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!