Physician - IM Rheumatology - Full Time Academic - SLUCare Physician Group
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Ambulatory Care Center CSM
* Practice 100% Rheumatology
* Joining a well-established academic medical practice
* Practice has a large primary care referral base
* New state of the art clinical location on the hospital campus
* EPIC EMR
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive base salary plus RVU incentives, sign-on bonus, and
* Exceptional benefit package
* Shared call with Rheumatology team
* Level I trauma center for both Missouri and Illinois
* BC/BE MD or DO
* Academic appointment with Saint Louis University School of
* Faculty rank commensurate with experience
The St. Louis metro area has over 2.8 million residents, a rich
history and wonderful attractions. You'll enjoy the benefits of the
Arch, MLB Cardinals and NHL Blues, the St. Louis Symphony, the Fox
Theater, the Art Museum, the Science Center, the Botanical Gardens
and the Zoo. The area has outstanding public and private schools,
and 3 major Universities.
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the
comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest
through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system.
Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in
Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
In addition to treating patients, SLUCare physicians educate the
next generation of health care professionals at SSM Health St.
Louis. Our teaching is guided by our Catholic Jesuit tradition,
balancing the science of medicine with the soul of it - keeping
people first in all we do. #J1No #H1BYes
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical
decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking
engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
9991170235 IMRH IM-Rheumatology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Physician - IM Rheumatology - Full Time Academic - SLUCare Physician Group, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!