Residential Advisor, Substitute
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Overview SALARY: $16.50 Reports to the residential living
manager. Responsible for providing proper guidance to students to
ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the
program, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude
and proper behavior to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure
safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or
- Transport students to and from airport, bus stations, or other
locations as needed.
- Provide cafeteria coverage during the breakfast meal & lunch
- Collect student accountability morning reports for each dorm
and deliver to admissions/records.
- Perform daily dormitory inspections to ensure that dorm
cleanliness & expectations are being adhered to. Submit reports to
social development director.
- Assist the center standards and counseling departments in the
pack-out of departing students.
- Ensure dorm supply orders are filled and delivered to
- Assist in copying and collating residential living forms.
- Assist in the delivery and removal of dorm furniture.
- Prepare off-center pass lists and other reports relating to
- Recommend and requisition supplies as needed.
- Support intro to work-based learning (WBL) program by
overseeing students assigned to social development and student
- Participate in the career development services system by
ensuring a safe environment and creating positive peer leadership
role modeling techniques within social development and student
- Work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Maintain documentation for future audits.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards
for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff
and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and
- Support, promote, and enforce Job Corps' Zero Tolerance
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling
appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and
monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere
to safety practices. It is expected that the incumbent shall
perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management. Education and Experience
Requirements:High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with
youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and
computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an
acceptable driving record, unless waived by management. Management
& Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status,
genetic information, national origin, or any other category
protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive
to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application
and hiring process. If you are interested in employment
opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need
assistance, please contact our staffing department through or
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, St. Louis , Residential Advisor, Substitute, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!