Field Development Executive
Company: Greater St. Louis Area Council
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 20, 2023
West Pine (MacArthur Center) - St. Louis, MO
4 Year Degree
Nonprofit - Social Services
Field Development Executive
Position: Field Development Executive
Position location: St. Louis, Missouri
Council website: www.stlbsa.org
Secure financial support for programs in western St. Louis County
and St. Charles, Lincoln, and Warren counties. Recruit community
volunteer leaders to support fundraising campaigns to meet the
financial needs of the organization. Must have communication skills
and be able to explain the program's goals and objectives to the
public and provide quality service through timely communication,
regular meetings, and activities. Responsible for managing and
cultivating relationships with existing gift prospects, as well as
pursuing new prospects. Ability to relate with donors and clearly
communicate Scouting's mission.
Strong marketing, fundraising, sales, and project management. A
development background is highly desired. Experience in non-profit
operations, volunteer coordination, event/hospitality management,
experience using CRM software (Customer Relationship Management)
(Raiser's Edge NXT) is preferred. Fundraising or sales experience
is a plus. Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting
with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic,
punctual, responsible, and creative. Competency in using Microsoft
Office and Canva graphic design. Self-motivated individual with
time management skills and organizational skills. Committed to
personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high
ethical and professional working standards.
- Maintain and build relationships with current donors.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit new donors.
- Manage portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects
- Collaborate with Field Staff to align efforts, cultivate
donors, build new relationships, and grow the brand of the
- Be an active member in community organizations; Chambers of
Commerce, service groups and other networking organizations to help
cultivate community partnerships.
- Make face-to-face, phone, e-mail, and letter mailings to
solicit donors. Solicit new and existing donors and assist the
field staff with their solicitation (e.g., provide portfolio
development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor
- Acknowledge donors through public and private recognition.
- Track and report progress using specific metrics defined by the
Field Director and or Director of Field Service
- Attend and support District and Council events where
Associate degree - Plus a minimum of 5 years+ of work
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development
background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with
diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual,
responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and
strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while
maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America's
leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities
and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and
motor vehicle background checks.
The Greater St. Louis Area Council is an equal opportunity
employer. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include medical,
prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term
disability, accidental death, family medical leave, maternity
leave, a matching savings plan, plus compensation for authorized
and approved business-related expenses to include phone and mileage
reimbursement. We also offer a generous paid-time-off policy and
Base Salary: $42,250/annually
Keywords: Greater St. Louis Area Council, St. Louis , Field Development Executive, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!