Respiratory Care Practitioner - RRT
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.MO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Provides
evaluation of and care for respiratory therapy patients.
Administers prescribed respiratory therapeutic services.Job
Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing respiratory care services in
accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies
and procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs
advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all
equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory
levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per
established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), FUTURE - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) within 12
months - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), Letter of
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application for Respiratory Care
Practitioner. - Oklahoma Medical Board, Respiratory Care
Practitioner - State of Work LocationWork Shift:Night Shift (United
States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:4302000010
Respiratory TherapyScheduled Weekly Hours:36SSM Health is an equal
opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Respiratory Care Practitioner - RRT, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!