Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.MO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Serves as
the technical leader on routine daily tasks. Provides oversight at
the direction of department leadership to coordinate routine work
activities of assigned staff. Provides support to leadership in
daily oversight of key functions of the food service department
over the normal course of business. Provides guidance on
non-routine and/or escalated issues.Job Responsibilities and
- Assists in monitoring staff productivity and suggests
improvements for increased service and productivity. Prepares and
distributes work schedules and task assignments for assigned group.
Evaluates requests for time off and schedule changes and approves
or declines following policy. Works with department leadership to
ensure staffing levels are adequate to meet needs. Coordinates
changes to schedules due to sick calls, leave of absence or other
emergent changes in staff availability or work volume. Advises
supervisor of any potential policy violations related to attendance
- Identifies breakdowns in workflow or backlogs of work that
could lead to poor customer service. Alerts leadership
- when immediate action is necessary, suggests alternatives to
immediately address the issue and re-prioritize tasks to clear
backlogs and respond to rushes.
- Assists the supervisor with onboarding of new staff, ensuring
mandatory education completion, developing and presenting training
and providing input to performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the oversight of day to day activities of staff
and assigns responsibility for specific work functions as
- Performs day to day assignments when needed and in addition to
- Works with patients, customers and to ensure satisfaction in
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATIONEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of
America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:909####### Food
ServicesScheduled Weekly Hours:40SSM Health is an equal opportunity
employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to
learn more. Associated topics: cafeteria, cocinera de la parrilla,
cocinera de la preparacion, commercial, dinner, kitchen, line cook,
prep, prep cook, station
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Cook, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!