Respiratory Care Practitioner - RRT - Sign on bonus
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.MO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Functions
as crew member for neonatal pediatric specialty team transports.
Collaborates with team to provide exceptional care during ground or
air transport of acute or critically ill or injured neonatal or
pediatric patients. Care is guided by clinical assessment, critical
thinking, established patient care guidelines and on-line medical
control.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Utilizes transport and critical care equipment in a competent
- Performs or assists with Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced
Life Support (ALS) skills during patient care including, but not
limited to, intubation, PIV placement and maintenance,
naso/oral/pharyngeal suctioning, application of advanced
respiratory care modalities.
- Develops plan of care based on patient status and diagnosis and
provides respiratory care services in accordance with specific
physician's orders, department policy and procedures and
- Assists and performs daily inventory of equipment on ambulance,
aircraft, in storerooms and equipment bags. Assists with care,
calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Processes equipment
per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Maintains thorough patient care documentation according to the
standard outlined by department and ministry policy.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition.
- Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new
employees and students as assigned.
- Participates/attends in-house education, outreach education,
department process improvement projects. Undertakes and maintains
projects to include research and publishing opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of current issues related to transport
medicine through participation in professional activities, i.e.
national, state legislative-elected or appointed.
- Maintains currency and documentation of prescribed education,
certifications and licensures.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Two year's critical care experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), FUTURE - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) within 12
months - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), Respiratory
Care Practitioner - State of Work LocationWork Shift:Variable Shift
(United States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:8074000010
Patient TransportationScheduled Weekly Hours:36SSM Health complies
with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or
sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Respiratory Care Practitioner - RRT - Sign on bonus, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...