Assistant Research Scientist - Formulation
Company: Elemental Enzymes
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Assistant Research Scientist - FormulationElemental Enzymes is
looking for an Assistant Research Scientist with a fascination for
studying protein properties and the eagerness to be involved in the
identification of conditions that allow biological molecules to
perform at their best. The primary focus of this position is to
contribute to efforts targeted toward developing formulation
packages that increase the shelf life of proteinaceous actives and
enable compatibility with common agrochemicals. The successful
candidate will join a team of multidisciplinary scientists with the
mission to develop sustainable, biological solutions that change
the future of agriculture.Job Description
- Independently plan, perform, and analyze experiments that are
aimed to determine base characteristics of candidate proteins, are
part of studies targeted to develop quantification methodologies of
candidate proteins, and/or are focused on compatibility evaluation
of candidate proteins with agrochemicals.
- Identify key takeaways from performed experiments that guide
decision making and/or inspire action.
- Efficiently communicate research concepts and progress to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the development and amendment of study protocols and
data collection tools; and provide general administrative support.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and samples in an
- Additional responsibilities may be added at the discretion of
- Master's degree in biochemistry, enzymology, protein chemistry,
pharmacology, or a closely related fieldor
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, enzymology, protein
chemistry, pharmacology, or a closely related field with +3-5 years
of experience in applied laboratory research or equivalent industry
- Proven ability to independently plan and execute experiments in
a (bio)chemistry laboratory setting.
- Experience in independent troubleshooting of task-related
setbacks and frequenting of, e.g., scientific literature for
- Desired experience in handling and evaluating of proteins.
- Desired experience in performing enzyme activity assays.
- Proven ability to budget time and manage several distinct
projects at once.
- Energetic and self-motivated individual able to work in a team
environment with an eagerness to develop, learn and adopt new
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor
is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires
substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or finger, picking, pinching, typing or
otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the
whole hand as in handling.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm
and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that
for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is
rated for light work.
- Those with this position must be able to work in Biosafety
Level 2 Laboratory which can cause more illnesses to those with
immunocompromised systems.Job Location: Headquarters, St. Louis,
MO, United StatesPosition Type: Full-Time/Regular/
Salary/ExemptSalary: Competitive base rangeBenefits: Employee Stock
Options, 401K, Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life, HSAAbout Elemental
EnzymesElemental Enzymes was founded upon the simple belief that we
must do everything we can to improve agricultural performance in a
way that not only enables plants to flourish but enriches and
renews the planet with eco-friendly and sustainable agricultural
solutions. From products that enable effective enzyme, peptide and
protein inputs to foliar treatments that hold the promise to renew
entire industries, our focus to make a positive difference in the
world through people - like you and me. Success is a byproduct of
responsible production. That's why Elemental Enzymes works to bring
cross-disciplinary scientists and processes together to create
novel solutions to practical problems with a shared goal of helping
both the plant and the planet.ApplyPlease complete the application
and submit your resume and cover letter to apply.Job Type:
Keywords: Elemental Enzymes, St. Louis , Assistant Research Scientist - Formulation, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...