Lead Enterprise Data Architect
Company: Ameren Services Company
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 27, 2023
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on
that date:About the positionThe Enterprise Architect (Data) will be
responsible for defining and leading the execution of our
enterprise wide data management and analytics strategy. This role
will define the strategic architectural roadmap that will align
existing and future business needs and capabilities with new and
emerging technology strategies resulting in an actionable future
state reference architecture for our data and analytics needs.Key
- Define the vision, strategy, and principles for data management
in collaboration with key business and technical stakeholders to
support Ameren's business strategies and priorities
- Lead the establishment and documentation of technology
direction and standards for data management, involving all aspects
of information access and retrieval, integration, utilities, and
tools for use by various parts of the Ameren Digital
- Define, design and implement data access patterns for multiple
analytical and operational workloads, across on premise and Cloud
- Drive technical data design discussions with key Digital
stakeholders (including technical and solution architects), system
integrators and outside vendor.
- Provide design leadership in key master data management (MDM)
initiatives (e.g. around customer data, employee data etc.) and be
responsible for data architecture and governance
- Establish working relationship with Data Stewards and Owners
and collaborate on governance activities and standards.
- Analyze systems and databases in various aspects such as data
integrity, technical debt, data model, security, availability and
- Work with business stakeholders to identify business
opportunities that may result and/or benefit from application of
data and advanced analytics, including machine learning. Define
optimal data integration solutions and patterns to meet business
- Assist the Enterprise Architecture team in the development of
future state information architecture strategy.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited college or
university, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer
science, or business. Master's degree is preferred.
- 12+ years of relative IT architecture experience, with at least
7 years of demonstrated data management, data base development,
enterprise data management, data governance, and data architecture
- Prior experience in Entity / Relationship modeling and logical
and physical design using relational databases (e.g. SQL Server,
- Experience implementing Master Data Management and/or data lake
constructs in a large enterprise.
- Experience implementing big data solutions using cloud
technologies. Working knowledge of next-generation data platforms
on major cloud vendors like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Ability to create and implement complex data models for OLTP,
ETL, Data Warehouse (Teradata preferred), logical Data warehouse
applications, and BI Tools (e.g. Power BI or OBIEE).
- Current knowledge building data models, business data layer
using data federation and master data management.
- Working knowledge of next-generation data platforms including
NoSQL, Graph, Data Virtualization, in-memory data stores and
self-service data platforms
- Demonstrates ability to balance tactical delivery with
strategic vision and can articulate the tradeoffs and
recommendations as needed.
- Experience in executing under scrum/agile framework or
- Demonstrates a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with
multiple points of view but able to drive to decision.
- A good understanding of enterprise data flows and ability to
streamline and simplify data flowsIn addition to the above
qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven ability to deliver innovative transformational IT
projects, with focus on business value and technical milestones
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple
technology solutions by influencing future technology decisions and
- Must possesses solid financial discipline with the ability to
communicate facts with an eye towards cost vs. benefit.
- Must be a confident and innovative leader, excellent
communicator and accomplished driver of large-scale technology
- Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy
development skillsAdditional InformationAmeren's selection process
includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing
and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific
details will be provided to qualified candidates.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age,
disability, genetic information, military service or status,
pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by
Keywords: Ameren Services Company, St. Louis , Lead Enterprise Data Architect, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!