Deli Associate-Dogtown Location
Company: Fields Foods
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title: Deli Clerk
To maximize sales and profits in the deli department through
courteous customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Greet customers, respond to customer questions, requests,
complaints and explain store policies in a courteous manner.
* Sell, select, wrap or package the products customers want to
* Write down customer's special orders or requests.
* Understand the operation, safety requirements and restraints of a
baler, case cutter, pallet jack, knife, intercom, pricing gun,
slicer, fryer, yogurt machine, cash register, steam table, stove,
smoker, scales and wrapper (must be 18 years or older to operate
the pallet jack, baler, slicer, fryer, steam table, smoker and
* Prepare and organize the cooler, freezer and preparation for
receipt of merchandise, unload trucks, verify the merchandise
against the invoice, inspect the delivery for shortages/damage and
quality, sort cases for stocking or product preparation and code
date the product.
* Clean department floors, mirrors, containers, cooler, shelves,
slicer, fryer, product production area and shelves. Safely use
cleaning equipment and chemicals.
* Load stocking carts and pallets, transport cases to sales floor,
cooler, freezer, product preparation area either on stocking carts
or pallets, open cases, place merchandise In the designated cooler,
freezer, case, shelf, display area, check the product code or
freshness date and face, front and rotate the front row of each
* Assure the safety of self, customers and co-workers by
understanding and practicing store safety rules and notifying a
store manager of any potential hazard immediately. Pick up or
remove all broken containers, packing materials and boxes from the
sales floor or product preparation area immediately.
* Perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by the store manager,
substituting for absent workers and performing any additional tasks
necessary to provide products and services to customers during peak
periods of business.
* Count and record individual items of merchandise for
* Change department pricing as directed and manually price mark or
label merchandise without a UPC code.
* Evaluate product quality and move damaged/unsalable and
returnable products from case to the preparation area, reprocessing
the merchandise in to a salable form or marking the product down in
* Use the proper case opening and product stacking techniques to
prevent damage to product.
* Remove trash from the aisle or product preparation area and
operate the baler.
* Change signs, light bulbs, shelf signs/tags and price markers on
the case or shelf display.
* Communicate with the department manager on problems,
recommendation for change and merchandising ideas.
* Check case, cooler and freezer temperatures three times
* Replenish supplies on the sales floor and in the product
* Record out-of-stock conditions and the time they occur, report
the department manager.
* Prepare, package and label product: \* Cheese, party trays,
candy, garnishes, vegetables and samples
* Fill or stock display cases and counter.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.15 - $15.00 per hour
* Day shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* St. Louis, MO 63139: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Basic math: 1 year (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fields Foods, St. Louis , Deli Associate-Dogtown Location, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!