Logistics Coordinator l
Company: MiTek Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 26, 2022
MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform
the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955,
MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of
the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an
affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today,
MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and
automated solutions that enable the building industry to improve
efficiencies by optimizing the balance between off-site and
on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek
collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate
transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to
transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
Responsible for assigning customer order ship dates, ensuring
orders are processed daily according to the schedule, and
coordinating/overseeing customer order loading and logistics.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
* Facilitates communication between Customer Service, Sales,
Production Control, Manufacturing, Shipping, and customers on order
status, production planning, freight requirements, and shipping
* Assists with managing inventory levels at Hazelwood, Cheyenne,
and Fountain Lakes.
* Coordinates the movement of materials between Hazelwood,
Cheyenne, and Fountain Lakes to prevent stockouts.
* Reviews sales orders and tracks line items through the shop floor
to determine a possible ship date.
* Stocks and reviews received inventory from distribution orders so
that they are staged based on expected ship date.
* Trains personnel on the best practices when loading and unloading
* Consolidates material to eliminate space constraints at
Hazelwood, Cheyenne, and Fountain Lakes
* Loads and unloads finished goods at Hazelwood, Cheyenne, and
* Builds skids and crates as necessary to ship materials and
* Delivers work orders, materials, and bills of lading to Hazelwood
* Reconfigures floor layouts to maximize space utilization.
* Pulls sales order line items to stage them for loading.
* Assists stockroom on shipping customer service orders and order
pulling for systems.
* Trains personnel on the identification of materials by walking
them through engineering drawings.
* Assembling of parking stands, riding platforms, and various other
* Pulls materials to fill work orders from stockroom so they are
kitted and staged for sales orders, customer service orders, and
work in process.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: *
* Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree preferred; or 1-4
years related experience and/or training in logistics; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills: Effectively communicate with co-workers and
management regarding work and safety issues. Read and interpret
documents such as sales orders, production schedules, shipping
documents, etc. Write routine reports and correspondence. Developed
strong communication, problem solving, and human relation
* Mathematical Skills: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals. Able to compute rates, ratios, percentages, and to draw /
* Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Computer Skills: Strong skills and knowledge of Internet software
and MS Software (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ERP/MRP systems.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or
mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and
over), genetic information (including family medical history),
veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application,
please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
Job Type: Full-time
* What is the desired hourly rate/range you looking for?
* What is your email address?%58047475%
Keywords: MiTek Inc., St. Louis , Logistics Coordinator l, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!