Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Are you looking for a new clinical role with a highly skilled team
of nurses and therapists? Searching for a better work / life
balance? Tired of documenting after hours? Do you want to spend
more time with your patients? We have a new and exciting program
that allows you to utilize your clinical skills and provide care to
your patients without extraneous documentation. Want to learn more?
Apply today. AW Health Care is a St. Louis based, independently
operated, women-owned enterprise. We recently celebrated 20th
anniversary in the home health industry. AW is a rapidly growing
home health agency, with an innovative approach to patient centered
care. Our team consists of over 400 employees serving over 1500
patients in Missouri and Illinois. AW Health Care is currently
seeking a Full Time Registered Nurse to provide care for patients
in North St Louis County. Job Summary: A qualified Licensed
Practical Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an
intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed
in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the
direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are
furnished in accordance with Agency policies. Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to established policies and
- Implements the nursing care plan for each patient.
- Provides nursing services, treatments and diagnostic and
preventive procedures as assigned.
- Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and RN
reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the
patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others
regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the
patient at home.
- Evaluates with registered nurse the effectiveness of the LPN's
nursing service to the patient and family under the guidance of the
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observations,
treatments and care of patient.
- Participates in medical record audit as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, patient care conferences and inservices
- Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends and holidays as
- Is responsible for:
- Submitting any changes in schedule to Director of Clinical
Services/Nursing Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Participating in patient care conferences to discuss the need
for involvement of other members of the health team, such as
physical therapist or speech language pathologist.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Assists the physician and RN in performing specialized
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments.
- Observes aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care
- Graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational)
nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the following tasks if
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
regular basis. PI191945166
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!