Physical Therapist (PT)
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Are you looking for a new clinical role with a highly skilled team
of nurses and therapists? Searching for a better work / life
balance? Tired of documenting after hours? Do you want to spend
more time with your patients? We have a new and exciting program
that allows you to utilize your clinical skills and provide care to
your patients without extraneous documentation. Want to learn more?
Apply today. AW Health Care is a St. Louis based, independently
operated, women-owned enterprise. We recently celebrated 20th
anniversary in the home health industry. AW is a rapidly growing
home health agency, with an innovative approach to patient centered
care. Our team consists of over 400 employees serving over 1500
patients in Missouri and Illinois. Job Summary: A Registered
Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on
an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is
performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care
under the direction and supervision of the Director of Therapy,
Home Health. Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to established policies and
- Provides physician prescribed physical therapy.
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive level within
the patient's capabilities.
- Participates with all other health care personnel in patient
- Directs and supervises personnel as required.
- Takes initial history and makes initial evaluation.
- Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by physician.
- Consults with physicians regarding change in treatment.
- Writes reports to physicians regarding patient's progress.
- Instructs patients and family/significant others in home
programs and activities of daily living.
- Participates in in-service programs and presents in-service
programs as assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as
- Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Assists physician with evaluating level of function.
- Helps develop the plan of care and revise as necessary.
- Consults with family and Agency personnel.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change
in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 codes. Working Environment: Works
indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from
patient homes. Job Relationships
- Supervised by: Director of Therapy, Home Health
- Workers Supervised: Physical Therapy Assistant and Home Health
Aide as assigned Risk Exposure: High risk #CB
- Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the
American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied
Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical
Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American
Medical Association and American Physical Therapy Association.
Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the following tasks if
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
regular basis. PI191945176
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Physical Therapist (PT), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!