Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Are you looking for a new clinical role with a highly skilled team
of nurses and therapists? Searching for a better work / life
balance? Tired of documenting after hours? Do you want to spend
more time with your patients? We have a new and exciting program
that allows you to utilize your clinical skills and provide care to
your patients without extraneous documentation. Want to learn more?
Apply today. AW Health Care is a St. Louis based, independently
operated, women-owned enterprise. We recently celebrated 20th
anniversary in the home health industry. AW is a rapidly growing
home health agency, with an innovative approach to patient centered
care. Our team consists of over 400 employees serving over 1500
patients in Missouri and Illinois. Job Summary: A Registered Nurse
administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent
basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance
with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and
supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates
the patient's nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and
summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely
manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting
nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and
changes in condition. Completes certification/ recertification
orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist,
Occupational Therapist and Licensed Clinical Social Worker those
patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change
in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 codes. Working Environment: Works
indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from
patient homes. Job Relationships:
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Nursing
- Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide
Risk Exposure: High risk
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and
currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the following tasks if
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
regular basis. PI191945191
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!