Patient Care Tech - ICU
Company: South City Hospital
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 26, 2022
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer
continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services
on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN
supervision.We service a multitude of patients and their families
across our vast network, while remaining committed to the
professional development of our staff, the functional improvement
of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within
our communities. WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer
competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on
great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
insurance. The medical technologist provides accurate and timely
clinical laboratory services used in the assessment, treatment and
diagnosis of disease. - Integrates and connects the vision, value
and goals of the organization into daily decisions, behaviors and
- Performs pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical
activities in accordance with all established departmental policies
and procedures to provide accurate and timely clinical laboratory
services 100% of the time.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures to monitor
instrument operation or assay integrity, and quality of reported
results: - assesses specimen quality.
- Performs preventive maintenance in accordance with established
departmental standards and procedures 100% of the time.
- Uses Hospital and all Laboratory Information systems according
to established policy.
- Assumes troubleshooting responsibilities as needed, handling
general lab issues as indicated, and always exercising sound and
professional judgment in determining items that require referral. -
Informs immediate supervisor in a timely and accurate manner of all
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to perform laboratory testing
for the ages of the patients served by the department. -
Demonstrates ability to assess and interpret age specific data to
identify patient needs. Utilizes clinical skills necessary to
interpret age specific test results. -Demonstrates ability to
provide service needed for the age groups routinely served by the
department assigned. Explains procedures to patients thoroughly,
provides assistance when necessary, monitors patients comfort, and
alleviates anxiety during procedures.
- Maintains positive attitude and exhibits good work standards in
fulfilling duties of assigned jobs.
- Effectively communicates with coworkers, supervisors and other
contacts at all times. - Actively and cooperatively exchanges
information with coworkers/supervisors on an ongoing basis and in
area and departmental meetings. - Provides supervisor accurate and
timely updates of operations.
- Maintains professional growth, development, competency and
education through reading, seminars, workshops, conferences, and
professional affiliations. always selecting activities which are
relative to current/upcoming issues and concerns in area of
responsibility and which will maximize benefits to the department
and health system. - Reviews applicable procedures manual annually,
and fulfills minimum educational requirements per established
- Actively participates in the laboratory continuous quality
improvement program, keeping abreast of PI activities on an ongoing
basis, assisting with PI studies as needed, recommending aspects of
care as indicated, and thoroughly investigating and documenting
problems and their resolutions. - Always exercises sound and
professional judgment in making timely decisions for corrective
actions that are in accordance with established departmental
- Always maintains ethical work behaviors. - Helps team to work
at the same, consistently high ethical standards.
- Apply high-quality management and leadership principles to
foster continued employee development. - Treat each other, our
patients and our partners with respect and dignity. - Hold
integrity and honesty as our most important principle and perform
at the highest ethical standard at all times.
- Demonstrates ongoing fiscal accountability, using both time and
supplies efficiently and effectively to minimize waste or overtime
and maximize productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in medical technology and a successful
completion of twelve month internship in an approved clinical
- Bachelors Degree in a related biological science with 2 years
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology with ASCP certification
- MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent if only Associate
- 2 years experience in any or all-clinical laboratory
disciplines if no formal laboratory education
- Good oral, written and electronic data communication skills
enabling the translation of facts to/from a variety of sources both
within and outside of the laboratory.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and interpret numbers and figures.
- Ability to manage time, organize daily schedule to meet
productivity standards and cope with professional stress.
- Work requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
direct patient care appropriate to patient population of specialty:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pediatric (newborn to 15 years) - -
Adult (15 - 65 years) - - - Geriatric (> 65 years)
Keywords: South City Hospital, St. Louis , Patient Care Tech - ICU, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!