Occupational Therapist (OT)
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Are you looking for a new clinical role with a highly skilled team
of nurses and therapists? Searching for a better work / life
balance? Tired of documenting after hours? Do you want to spend
more time with your patients? We have a new and exciting program
that allows you to utilize your clinical skills and provide care to
your patients without extraneous documentation. Want to learn more?
Apply today. AW Health Care is a St. Louis based, independently
operated, women-owned enterprise. We recently celebrated 20th
anniversary in the home health industry. AW is a rapidly growing
home health agency, with an innovative approach to patient centered
care. Our team consists of over 400 employees serving over 1500
patients in Missouri and Illinois. Job Summary: An Occupational
Therapist (OT) administers occupational therapy to patients on an
intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed
in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the
direction and supervision of the Director of Therapy, Home Health.
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive living within
the patient's capabilities.
- Periodically participates with all other health care personnel
in patient care planning.
- Provides prescribed occupational therapy.
- Directs and supervises personnel as required.
- Takes initial history and makes initial evaluation.
- Performs all skilled procedures.
- Consults with physicians regarding change in treatment.
- Writes reports to physicians regarding patient's progress.
- Instructs patients/family members in home programs and fine
motor movement exercises.
- An initial evaluation, including plan of treatment and goals,
must be completed and submitted to the physician for approval. A
recertification by physician every 60 days is necessary, if further
treatment is to be continued. A progress note is written each
visit. A reevaluation is written when expected duration of
treatment is reached. A summary is written upon patient's
- Periodically presents an in-service to the Agency staff.
- Assists the physician in evaluating level of function.
- Helps develop the plan of care and revises as necessary.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Advises and consults with the family and other Agency
- Participates in in-service programs. Working Environment: Works
indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from
patient homes. Job Relationships:
- Supervised by: Director of Therapy, Home Health
- Workers Supervised: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
and Home Health Aide as assigned Risk Exposure: High risk
- Graduate of an Occupational Therapy curriculum accredited
jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and
Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American
Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and/or certified by
successfully completing the National Certification examination,
- Is eligible for the National Registration Examination of the
American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years experience, preferred. Physical Requirements:
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Moderate lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
regular basis. PI192131307
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Occupational Therapist (OT), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!