Caregiver - Floater - Full Time - Central St Louis County
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Summary: The position of Caregiver Float is to provide personal
hygiene and a safe environment to clients as assigned and to be
available to cover shifts when others call off or new un-assigned
cases. Priority will be given to providing for the client's
physical care such as personal cleanliness and/or wound care and to
the immediate environment which directly affects the client's
health and safety needs. The Caregiver Float services are scheduled
intermittent visits provided to the client according to the
client's care plan. Responsibilities:
- Assist the client with personal hygiene such is bathing, care
of skin, mouth and hair. Instruct client and family in meeting
client's personal hygiene needs
- Provide physical assistance in client transfer, positioning and
ambulation as outlined in the client care plan.
- Assist client with prescribed non-skilled exercises which the
client, family, and in-home care aide have been taught by
appropriate professional personnel.
- Change client bed linen as needed.
- Clear client's path of clutter or client's room to provide for
maximum client safety.
- Prepare a light meal if visit during mealtime and time
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining supplies and equipment in
- Assist the recipient with ordinarily self-administered
medications (open bottles, get water).
- Shopping for groceries or household items specifically required
for the health and maintenance of the client.
- Apply non-prescription topical ointments/lotions to unbroken
skin at the recipient's direction.
- Assist with any Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) not
previously listed and within the scope of service and
- May be asked to perform such activities including, but not
- walking the dog or taking care of pets
- collecting and disposing of the household trash
- collecting and delivering mail
- play games and participate in other social events
- facilitate the client's safe participation in family
- any other reasonable request Working Environment: Works in
clients homes and travels to and from the client's homes as needed.
Job Relationships: Supervised by: Private Duty Office Manager or
their designee. Risk Exposure: High risk.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to drive a car with proof of license, auto
insurance and able to independently access client's residence
- CNA preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be able to read, write and follow directions.
- Must have at least six months paid work experience as an agency
homemaker, nurse aide, maid or household worker, or at least one
year of experience in caring for children or for sick or aged
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and the skills
necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of the clients
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and possess the ability to assess
data reflective of the client's status in addition to being able to
interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each
client's requirements relative to age specific needs and to be able
to provide the care needed as described in the agency's policies
- Must be available for On-Call rotation
- Must be willing to be flexible with their hours and able to
work any shift, as needed, to meet the client's needs.
- Must be able to work with pets and smokers. Physical
Requirements: Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Moderate lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
regular basis. PI191945136
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Caregiver - Floater - Full Time - Central St Louis County, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!