Operational Risk Officer C13 - Hybrid
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview: This position reports to the Automation & Strategic
Initiative Group Lead who oversees the Automation and strategic
initiatives for U.S. Personal Banking CAO Cards and Enabling
Monitoring Team. - By keeping the team's book of work current and
by maintaining the accuracy and timeliness of strategic initiative
progress/status tracking tools, this individual contributor
supports the Group Lead's management of the team's strategic
initiatives execution as well as provides the Group Lead's
execution leaders (Assessment Unit Monitoring Leads - Senior Vice
Presidents) reliable, accurate, and timely tools by which to manage
the team Testing Analysts and drive the operationalization of value
realization against these key strategic initiatives. - Expert-level
Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills, excellent
analytical skills and attention to detail, and excellent
verbal/written communication skills required. The Operational Risk
Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of
developments within their own field and contributes to directional
strategy by considering the application of their own job to the
business and is a recognized technical authority for an area within
the business. The position requires basic commercial awareness, and
well-developed communication and diplomacy skills are required to
guide and influence and convince others - in particular, colleagues
in other areas and occasional external customers. The role has
significant impact on the business area through complex
deliverables and by providing advice and counsel related to the
technology or operations of the business with work that impacts the
entire business area and affects the overall performance and
effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Job
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
- Independently assesses risk and drives actions.
- Serves as subject matter expert for the book of work file and
strategic initiative progress/status tracking tools - ensure all
are kept as up to date as possible and always fully accurate.
- Resolves transactional-level escalations coming from internal
- Develop, maintain, and publish a schedule of when data become
available to be able to refresh the book of work and strategic
initiative progress/status tracking tools - including Monitoring QC
- Educate Assessment Unit Monitoring Team Leads and Controls
Testing Analysts regarding their responsibilities and how to make
required inputs to the book of work file and/or other
- Drive the adoption of best practices and improvements to the
book of work file and/or other trackers maintained by this
individual to assist senior management decision making and
- Research week-over-week gaps and changes in Monitoring (IDs,
Monitoring Statements, Monitoring Frequencies, etc.), and attempt
to diagnose/resolve prior to contacting AU Monitoring Leads.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies in sourcing,
producing, updating, and communicating relevant updates to the book
of work file and strategic initiative progress/status tracking
- Identify and propose improved strategic initiatives
progress/status tracking tools, mechanisms, reporting, and
communications to the Director - if approved, drive
- Responsible for checking that goals are being met for timely
delivery of key projects and proactive escalation of any
roadblocks, including awareness of all reporting and communications
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with the
U.S. Consumer Bank Monitoring Unit's COO Team (Chief Operating
Office) to stay current on master file changes and how to leverage
COO tools for U.S. Retail Bank, U.S. Consumer Bank Common Controls,
and the U.S. Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC)
entities' book of work and strategic initiatives execution.
- Represent the U.S. Retail Bank, U.S. Consumer Common Controls,
and U.S. CBORC controls testing team's "voice" in identifying and
influencing improvements to tools maintained by (or to be rightly
developed by) the U.S. Consumer Bank Monitoring Unit's COO
- Operates with a limited level of direct supervision and
exercises judgment independence.
- Support strategic projects and ad hoc requests from USRB CBORC
senior management, as requested/needed.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operational risk, audit, or
compliance in consumer banking - preferably with experiences
related to the development of dashboards, reporting, and analytics
related to these topics.
- Expert-level Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Citi Risk and Controls (CR&C) highly valued,
but not required.
- Knowledge of tools such as Quality Evaluation Support Tool
(QUEST) and JIRA preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with GRC (Global Risk and Control) and MCA
(Management Control Assessment) frameworks preferred.
- Familiarity with ARA (Annual Risk Assessment) and QRA
(Quarterly Risk Assessment) preferred.
- Familiarity with Citi's U.S. Consumer Businesses (e.g.,
Marketing, Consumer Digital, Branded Cards, Citi Retail Services
[Private Label] Cards, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally exercising leadership
through influence, persuasion, & negotiation.
- Exemplary thought leadership skills; able to build and lead
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to
influence others and foster collaboration.
- Excellent analytical ability and strong decision-making skills
to dimension risk and assess materiality of issues and underlying
- Strong execution skills with drive for continuous
- Independent thinker and able to perform credible
- Ability to produce high quality work under rigid time
- Ability to work effectively on virtual teams. Education:
- Four-year BA/BS degree required, Master's degree preferred,
degree(s) in an analytical field of study preferred. Travel
- Minimal travel required for this role
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management -------------------------------------------------
Job Family: Operational Risk
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
veteran. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all
qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.
If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable
accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career
opportunity review Accessibility at Citi. View the "EEO is the Law"
poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement. View the EEO Policy
Statement. View the Pay Transparency Posting
----------------------------- Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, St. Louis , Operational Risk Officer C13 - Hybrid, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!