Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Responsible for assisting in the design, development, and
implementation of enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS)
applications and their associated operating systems and databases.
Responsible for Application Administration of OSS applications
supporting all Charter Divisions. Will participate in full
life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality,
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Coordinates with internal departments to review existing
integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution
designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Conducts design sessions with appropriate participation from
architects and engineers.
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications
for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing
- Collaborates to creates configuration designs for design and
implementation of various environments.
- Creates work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes
for use in prioritization and release management.
- Develops core code modules, unit test tools and release notes
for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and
testing tools for functionality/effectiveness.
- Installs, administers, configures and maintains OSS
applications including operating systems and related software.
- Provides 'on call' support to resolve OSS application issues
after normal business hours.
- Uses established change management processes, requiring
operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact,
(i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Works with database administrators to configure, tune and
maintain databases in variety of languages.
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades.
- Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster
recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore
functionality in the event of an outage.
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device
availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and
performance, service and program maintenance and storage
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.REQUIRED
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution
designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Advanced ability to create detailed documentation to
functionally understand new and existing applications
- Advanced ability to follow and implement established change and
control policies and procedures
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application
frameworks, and testing tools.
- In-depth knowledge of OSS applications and software
- In-depth knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and
the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering
- Ability to effectively transform an operational need into a
description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters
in the control of the total system development to achieve an
optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering systems
concepts and system/super-system skills, including NetApp Clustered
On-TAP, Cisco UCS, and VMWare system
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent experience; May require Industry Standard
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- 5+ years of Application Development work experience
- 4+ years of Network OSS application work experience
- 3+ years of System Administration work experience
- 3+ years of Database support and development work
- 3+ years of Enterprise Application Integration work
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Business analysis or related experience supporting
- Active Directory / LDAP Management Experience (Apache Directory
- Identity Management experience (Microfocus / NETIQ / IDM / IGA
- Experience with application and server monitoring technology
- Ability to test business processes and recommend
- Ability to convert roadmap features into smaller user
- Ability to write clear and well-structured business
- Ability to communicate and validate requirements with relevant
- Quick learner, good listener, and a self-driven problem
- Understanding of Audit requirements for PCI and SOX
- Ability to prioritize work and document/organize information
- Knowledge of using Jira, Confluence
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies and used an Agile
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent
- CCIE Data Center or equivalent
- CCIE Routing and Switching or equivalent
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- 7+ years of Application Development work experience
- 6+ years of Network OSS application work experience
- 5+ years of System Administration work experience
- 5+ years of Database support and development work
- 5+ years of Enterprise Application Integration work
ISY350 316802-2 316802BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, St. Louis , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!