Patient Care Tech - MedSurg - FT/Nights
Company: South City Hospital
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are South City Hospital. Our primary function
is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and
social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care
and RN supervision.We focus on providing care for patients who are
not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a
hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing
services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to
help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily
living.We service a multitude of patients and their families across
our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional
development of our staff, the functional improvement of our
patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our
communities. WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer
competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on
great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
insurance. The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing
patient care related services and clerical support under the
direction of a Licensed Practical Nurse and/or a Registered Nurse
including but not limited to services relative to hygiene,
nutrition, ambulation, elimination, safety, and supply and office
- Provides patient care related support including services
relative to hygiene, nutrition, ambulation, elimination and safety
as directed by a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse per
established departmental guidelines and competencies.
- Documents appropriately into patient record charting based on
skill level and follows established standards and guidelines of the
Nursing Services department.
- Maintains appropriate supplies and equipment on the division
and performs inventory and ordering as directed by the manager or
- Answers call lights and responds to patient needs in timely
- Successfully completes job duties within assigned shift; keeps
RN and LPN informed of pertinent information or needs that may
require follow-up, including pain management.
- Demonstrates unit-defined competencies as required.
- As assigned enter charges on the computer, answer the telephone
and perform other clerical duties per established department
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant in the State of Missouri or
- Current enrollment in a professional nursing education program
(Applicant must provide a letter from the registrar at his/her
school indicating current enrollment in good standing)
- Recent hospital experience is preferred.
- Completion of CPR.
- Excellent communication skills to interact verbally with
patients, visitors and staff.
- Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet
- A positive, service attitude towards patients, team members and
- Verbal ability to understand oral and written instructions
related to job responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, versatility, and reliability as a team
- Ability to remain calm in less than calm circumstances.
Keywords: South City Hospital, St. Louis , Patient Care Tech - MedSurg - FT/Nights, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!